Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Through checking baggage on separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Through checking baggage on separate tickets

In early November I will be flying from KIX to PVG on NH, conencting to CPH on SAS. All flights are in C but the NH and SK flights are on separate tickets. I will have one large (20kg) bag to check.

My connecting time at Shanghai has just shortened to 90 minutes following the recent changes to the ANA timetable for Winter 05/06.

My questions are:

1. Will ANA allow me to through check via PVG (I have done this successfully when going from domestic flights to international flights on NH, but not when a different airline is involved, nor when the transfer airport is in China!).

2. Is anyone aware of the transfer procedures at PVG? It appears that they do have a transfer hall of some kind, but it is unclear from the PVG website whether I would be expected to clear PRC Customs with my bag.

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.