Wiki Posts
Search

?'s on upcoming NH experience

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2002, 2:30 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

?'s on upcoming NH experience

M+ award travel JFK-NRT-BKK long legs in F short legs 2 class 777 in bus. Any comments on lounge @ JFK or NRT, I assume they are both F lounges. Is there a F lounge @ BKK(would I be allowed to use it)? Are there any other lounges @ BKK that I might try as I will have about 4 hrs to entertain myself, evening of my depart. Hotel check out 1800, flt @ 2315. Does NH have noise reduction headsets or should I bring my own? Any thoughts on the Japanese food vs Western food? Your thoughts or comments greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:32 pm

I used their JFK F lounge two years ago -- sorry for outdated info. It was DL's lounge at T3, a legacy of the partnership of the two airlines, I guess. Nothing special.

At NRT, they have a quieter lounge last year for F passengers. But there have been enhancements since this spring at NRT with the opening of the second runway. There may be surprises. I hope someone will post them here. I will probably be taking NH next week but it's in C.

At BKK, NH has closed their F lounge. TG has F lounge, which is nothing special. No other F lounge I can recall, except UA's RCC F section and generic lounges for F passengers.

I would usually go for Japanese foods whenever they are available.

Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:34 pm

Forgot to add that they do have noise-cancelling headsets in F but not in C.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:59 pm

The last time i used the BKK F Lounge, it was pretty disappointing. In fact, that was probably the worse lounge i have been in to. Only about 10-15 couches and limited selection of beverages. Hopefully, the TG F lounge is much better.

I think i better stop now, my cynical side is coming out.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 7:35 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Have no idea about F lounge at JFK. At NRT
the Lounge is simple and nice. Not so
private, food is ok and served by hostesses,
no computer terminals and view of gates. I
took a look at the new JAL lounge and it was
unbelievable. Nice. Very nice. At BKK I try
not to arrive at the airport early as the
lounges are something to be desired. Try the
SQ Lounge. I enjoy western meals on most of
my flight. The Japanese meals on NH are very
good according to my friend (she is a
Japanese national). Service on NH is very
very good but not as plush as other known
Asian carriers. I like to say NH does the
very best with what they have. Planes are
not plush and no full on sleeper suite seats.
You will enjoy NH and especially the extra
room on JFK to NRT as I believe this is a
747. Regards
Old Jun 20, 2002, 4:37 pm
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
At NRT, they have an F (Sigma), and three biz lounges (Club ANA). Not sure if they will let you use F lounge outgoing since your NRT-BKK flight is in biz. However, if you complain enough to ANA staff, they may let you use F. They are quite strict on the standard rules, and only you have to explain quite a few times that your award ticket is in F (and that it was only because there is no F class to BKK that you are in biz) in order to get access.

Never been to F lounge at NRT, but the Club ANA lounges are not too impressive - they serve only the standard drinks, but not too much food (creme cheese and crackers is all that is served) - so if possible, try to get to the F lounge.

If stuck in Club ANA, try to go to the one in the main terminal on the 4th floor, and not the shuttle terminal since I found it a lot more pleasant.

Incidentally, the 777 biz seats on ANA were the most uncomfortable ones that I have sat in for biz class! Also, try to get a seat on the two ends, rather than the middle three (or four, I can't remember) since the seat pitch is also greater at the side window seats. However, service is quite good, and definitely, the Japanese meal is something worth trying!

[This message has been edited by YYZ (edited 06-20-2002).]

Old Jun 20, 2002, 7:17 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Thanks for the info., your help is appreciated!
Old Jun 21, 2002, 3:09 am

I dun know but i kinda enjoyed my last experience at the Club ANA Lounge in NRT. The lounge i went to was pretty well stocked with beverages and snacks. Another possible reason why i enjoyed that time was because they have three sweet plasma screen TVs and England was playing Nigeria. Had no problem passing my three hours there.
Old Jun 21, 2002, 8:10 am
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
Those plasma screens are awesome... wish I had one at home!

Definitely well stocked with beverages, but only had cream cheese and crackers the two times I was there last trip. Mind you, my comparison is AC's Maple Leaf Lounges, the departure lounge in SHA (TG uses MU's) and TG's Royal Orchid Lounges (all on the same trip)which I found to be a lot better - a lot more food selection.

Oh, and BTW, Yahoo has a station in Terminal 2 outside the lounge with several laptops which offers free internet access.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Odin:
I dun know but i kinda enjoyed my last experience at the Club ANA Lounge in NRT. The lounge i went to was pretty well stocked with beverages and snacks. Another possible reason why i enjoyed that time was because they have three sweet plasma screen TVs and England was playing Nigeria. Had no problem passing my three hours there. </font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.