Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

UA-reward ticket with ANA, change date possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2001, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I got a ANA reward ticket using UA miles. I'm going from LAX-NRT-BKK. Due to the flight times, I would have to stay in Japan overnight and fly one day after I arrive in Japan.

Do you think it's possible for me to extend that stay? I would like to stay in Japan for an extra day to check out Tokyo.

Thanks.

Alex
Old Nov 27, 2001, 7:06 pm
DCW

Under ANA's award rule, One stopover (stay exceeding 24 hours) is accepted on both outbound and return trips. But you may want to call them to comfirm.
Old Nov 27, 2001, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Should I call ANA or United?

United issued this ticket, but it's on ANA metal.

United said they will charge $75 to change the ticket, if the flight is available.

Would it be better to take my chances with ANA?

Alex
Old Nov 28, 2001, 1:49 am
DCW

As I remember UA only charge $75 when you want to change the destination or redeposit the miles, no charge for changing the date within the one year valid period. But that was for UA own award, you may try calling ANA if they can change the date for you without the charges.

I think UA also have flight for your route LAX-NRT-BKK, did you have to request to fly ANA instead of UA? As most ANA award required more miles than UA. For me UA always issue the award under UA metal unless they do not have a flight to that destination then they will suggest another *A which flies there. Now that UA have discontinue the LAX-HKG direct flight I may try requesting ANA award in the future…heard that their food in F/C is much better than UA.
Old Nov 28, 2001, 2:01 am
mjm
Original Member

Alex,

UA will need to handle it I believe. ANA usually tells you to hang on while they call UA anyway with these requests in my experience. Just completed an NRT-LHR return on ANA using UA miles and a change had to be checked with UA.

DCW, Much, much better. Check it out if you can.

Mike
Old Nov 28, 2001, 9:22 am

Unless there is a change in rules, I don't thnk UA award tickets with NH allow data changes. You need to reissue and it requires a fee. Date changes without a fee are allowed for UA awards with TG and LH (in addition to UA awards with UA.)

[This message has been edited by Chiangi (edited 11-28-2001).]
Old Nov 29, 2001, 2:50 pm

I'm doing the same routing on an ANA award ticket (LAX-NRT-BKK). The rules for award tickets don't allow for non-ANA metal codeshares, but ANA does have two code shares (with UA and Thai) which would allow me to continue on to BKK without the overnight at NRT. Upon arrival in NRT I was planning to "ask nicely" if they will put me on one of the codeshares. Of course I am expecting a flat out no, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this type of request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.