Business on Air Japan?

Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Business on Air Japan?

We are looking at business class tickets to BKK from YVR. One of the options is an AC-THAI combo westbound and ANA-AC (via NRT) eastbound. However, the flight in question NH 806 is listed as "plane and crew by Air Japan." Isn't NQ all-economy? Why would NH be substituting an all-economy flight on a business class itinerary? Usually if there is one economy or premium economy leg on a business class itinerary the search result will advise of mixed cabins but I didn't see any such warning in this case.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
When I check the itinerary on Air Canada, you can see in the above screenshot that for the return with Air Japan/ANA - Air Canada, it says in the bottom: "Mixed Cabin: Between Bangkok (BKK) and Tokyo (NRT) you will be seated in Economy Class."

TravellingChris likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:05 pm

Air Japan is an NH subsidiary that runs a number of their flights - mostly regional I think. You shouldnt notice any difference in service, uniforms, food, or hard product. Just a mgmt thing.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TravellingChris
We are looking at business class tickets to BKK from YVR. One of the options is an AC-THAI combo westbound and ANA-AC (via NRT) eastbound. However, the flight in question NH 806 is listed as "plane and crew by Air Japan." Isn't NQ all-economy? Why would NH be substituting an all-economy flight on a business class itinerary? Usually if there is one economy or premium economy leg on a business class itinerary the search result will advise of mixed cabins but I didn't see any such warning in this case.
Air Japan is both a capacity provider for ANA where there is no difference in service standards to ANA and the operator and brand for ANA's new mid to long haul low cost carrier.

If your flight carries an NH flight number, it will not be the LCC version.
TravellingChris likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hayashir
When I check the itinerary on Air Canada, you can see in the above screenshot that for the return with Air Japan/ANA - Air Canada, it says in the bottom: "Mixed Cabin: Between Bangkok (BKK) and Tokyo (NRT) you will be seated in Economy Class."

That will still be the ANA economy class not the LCC. Not sure why Air Canada would sell a mixed class itinerary, but I guess to keep prices down?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:50 pm

It's not uncommon with AC or anyone else. All depends on availability.
Old May 6, 2024, 9:08 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Air Japan B787-9 fleet types

If you look at Planespotters.net Air Japan fleet roster there are two versions of B787-8/-9 one is LCC All economy the other is Three Class. This one is configured as business class premium economy and economy class you can also see this on NH819 NRT-MNL. One of these was JA923A which went to MNL on April 30. On page 1 is the all Y B787-8. To sum that one up if you see a B787-8/B787-9 that has Business class it's an Air Japan plane operated for All Nippon Airways either across the Pacific Ocean towards San Francisco Los Angeles and Seattle on the West Coast. This is followed by NRT/HND-MNL trips which are considered as East Asia Regional running

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.