Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Can anybody tell me why this trip can't work please?

Can anybody tell me why this trip can't work please?

Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:28 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 33
Can anybody tell me why this trip can't work please?

For example, I want to do this trip (all nonstops flight among different cities)

1. 6/24 ORD-LAX
2. 6/28 LAX-EWR
3. 6/30 EWR-MCO
4. 7/4 MCO-STL
ANA website showed "This service is not available for the specified itinerary. Please amend the flight criteria and try again."
So, does anybody know I violated which rule? Thank you!
xiaoxiaoyao is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:53 pm
  #2  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 33
Same thing happened on this trip (all nonstops among cities)

1. ORD-YYZ-YVR-PVG
2. NKG-SZX
3. HKG-TPE-ORD
Same problem with ANA website. I needed to remove the 2nd trip (NKG-SZX).
xiaoxiaoyao is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: LAX
Programs: UA
Posts: 1,515
I don't see any ANA flights for either. Why are you trying to book via ANA?
nancypants likes this.
angetenar is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:37 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by xiaoxiaoyao
For example, I want to do this trip (all nonstops flight among different cities)

1. 6/24 ORD-LAX
2. 6/28 LAX-EWR
3. 6/30 EWR-MCO
4. 7/4 MCO-STL
ANA website showed "This service is not available for the specified itinerary. Please amend the flight criteria and try again."
So, does anybody know I violated which rule? Thank you!
I think this one is simple. ANA award booking does not allow two stop-overs. You have two.
BearX220 and roberto99 like this.
geclub1 is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:44 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 29,088
Originally Posted by geclub1
I think this one is simple. ANA award booking does not allow two stop-overs. You have two.
Um, it looks like the OP wants three stopovers.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:49 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by xiaoxiaoyao
Same thing happened on this trip (all nonstops among cities)

1. ORD-YYZ-YVR-PVG
2. NKG-SZX
3. HKG-TPE-ORD
Same problem with ANA website. I needed to remove the 2nd trip (NKG-SZX).
I am suspecting that NKG-SZX//HKG-TPE-ORD exceeded some type of Maximum Permitted Mileages (MPM) check.

Unless you somehow were trying to do 2 stopovers like in post #1.

On second thought, trying to change NKG-SZX to SHA-SZX or PVG-SZX to see whether you have better luck.

Last edited by geclub1; Jan 29, 2023 at 8:55 pm
geclub1 is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:05 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by geclub1
I am suspecting that NKG-SZX//HKG-TPE-ORD exceeded some type of Maximum Permitted Mileages (MPM) check.

Unless you somehow were trying to do 2 stopovers like in post #1.

On second thought, trying to change NKG-SZX to SHA-SZX or PVG-SZX to see whether you have better luck.
Thanks. I called ANA, this one because NKG-SZX is economy seat, HKG-TPE-ORD is biz class, mixed cabins. We can't book online. Need to call them to get fixed.
xiaoxiaoyao is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:06 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by angetenar
I don't see any ANA flights for either. Why are you trying to book via ANA?
Thank you
xiaoxiaoyao is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:07 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by geclub1
I think this one is simple. ANA award booking does not allow two stop-overs. You have two.
Thank you!
xiaoxiaoyao is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:12 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by guv1976
Um, it looks like the OP wants three stopovers.
I believe ANA award routing rule does not consider the turn-around point (in this case LAX) as a stopover.

It is
ORD-LAX outbound
LAX- EWR-MCO-STL with two stop overs at EWR and MCO.

Overall it is an open-jaw routing.
etiene likes this.
geclub1 is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:20 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 33
Angry

Originally Posted by geclub1
I believe ANA award routing rule does not consider the turn-around point (in this case LAX) as a stopover.

It is
ORD-LAX outbound
LAX- EWR-MCO-STL with two stop overs at EWR and MCO.

Overall it is an open-jaw routing.
Maybe it's the reason. I thought total less than 6 stopovers should be ok

Thank you!
xiaoxiaoyao is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:23 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by xiaoxiaoyao
Thanks. I called ANA, this one because NKG-SZX is economy seat, HKG-TPE-ORD is biz class, mixed cabins. We can't book online. Need to call them to get fixed.
Cool. I am glad you get this sorted.
geclub1 is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:51 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 29,088
Originally Posted by geclub1
I believe ANA award routing rule does not consider the turn-around point (in this case LAX) as a stopover.

It is
ORD-LAX outbound
LAX- EWR-MCO-STL with two stop overs at EWR and MCO.

Overall it is an open-jaw routing.
Ah, OK.

Thanks.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:46 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: LAX/SFO
Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Posts: 336
To hijack the thread a bit, is there a way to estimate MPM?

HKG-ADD-LHR on ET, LHR-ADD-HKG return on ET (not the one stop thru BKK) is not bookable on the ANA search engine, but HKG-ADD-LHR on ET, VIE-TPE-HKG on EVA is. Other star alliance sites show availability is present.
aquanine is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:55 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 183
Didn't want to hijack the thread but in case someone can tell me: Why doesn't this itinerary work (with the same error as OP)
ORD-OKA (UA, NH)
SIN-ORD (EVA)
Is it because HND-OKA is on NH and it needs to be completely star alliance? I guess I can test it but I still need to stupidly go from HND to OKA somehow with the luggage.
Edit: still can't even if I do ORD-HND (UA), SIN-ORD (Eva)
psychoidiot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.