Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

How long will the canceled seat available to rebook

Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

I booked reward tickets several weeks ago. Then I learned based on policy, I can't go that route. So I need to cancel the reservation and book new ticket.

For example, original ticket is from A-B-C, I need to change depart city from A to D, still keep B-C.

After I cancel the reservation, anyone knows usually how long it will be available so I can book new ticket to keep B-C seats? in 24hrs?

Thank you for your help!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:53 am

I suspect the seat is available almost immediately but also then at risk to someone else booking it. However not done this myself. I have though changed seat choices and they have applied immediately and my previous seats shown as available in the seat map afterwards.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:57 am
Suspended

If someone else is waitlisted on your seat, your seat will be released to that waitlisted person as soon as you cancel your seat.
I suggest that you pay out of pocket for the D-A leg, and keep A-B-C ticket as is.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flapland
I suspect the seat is available almost immediately but also then at risk to someone else booking it. However not done this myself. I have though changed seat choices and they have applied immediately and my previous seats shown as available in the seat map afterwards.
Thanks. You are right!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
If someone else is waitlisted on your seat, your seat will be released to that waitlisted person as soon as you cancel your seat.
I suggest that you pay out of pocket for the D-A leg, and keep A-B-C ticket as is.
The policy is if I go from A, I cannot enter B. Must need to depart from D. Ridiculous policy!

I called this morning and canceled the reservation. The I booked the new tickets. The good news is I still got B-C business class. But I need to pay for tickets for my hometown to B

But another good news I got full refund, no need to pay for 3000 miles per ticket. And my miles will extend to 3 years expiration.

Thank you for both of you!
flapland likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by xiaoxiaoyao
The policy is if I go from A, I cannot enter B. Must need to depart from D. Ridiculous policy!

I called this morning and canceled the reservation. The I booked the new tickets. The good news is I still got B-C business class. But I need to pay for tickets for my hometown to B

But another good news I got full refund, no need to pay for 3000 miles per ticket. And my miles will extend to 3 years expiration.

Thank you for both of you!
I am assuming that is because the ABC routing is actually a one way ticket, which ANA does not allow? It would be easier to comment if you actually put some specific airports names to the post.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:45 pm

try to call. some agent might be able to change, but some might not. because A-B-C are two married segment.
or they might be able to book another segment and link that ticket to your existing ticket
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am assuming that is because the ABC routing is actually a one way ticket, which ANA does not allow? It would be easier to comment if you actually put some specific airports names to the post.
Thanks, its not restriction from ANA. Like if I have passport from China, I cant go through Taipei to US from China mainland cities, but I can if I depart from Hongkong.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vennichael
try to call. some agent might be able to change, but some might not. because A-B-C are two married segment.
or they might be able to book another segment and link that ticket to your existing ticket
I called customer services in China, Japan and US🥺
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by xiaoxiaoyao
I called customer services in China, Japan and US🥺
right, technically the married segment cannot be break. unless in two senarios:
1. both segment D-B and B-C has the seats available, literally you are cancelling and rebooking. but sounds the B-C is not available now, so this seems not going to work
2. agent book you a separate D-B, and price you sololy for this segment. but still they need to break the segment original A-B, which is the hard part here.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vennichael
right, technically the married segment cannot be break. unless in two senarios:
1. both segment D-B and B-C has the seats available, literally you are cancelling and rebooking. but sounds the B-C is not available now, so this seems not going to work
2. agent book you a separate D-B, and price you sololy for this segment. but still they need to break the segment original A-B, which is the hard part here.
Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.