Search

ANA Award No Availability At All

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
Question ANA Award No Availability At All

Hello everyone!
I’ve been searching for availability for Europe/North America - HND/NRT - HKG/PVG for months but haven’t got any luck. At this point I’m just wondering if their system is down.
Anyone experiencing the same? Any advice? Thxxxx
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by slxtynrt18
Hello everyone!
I’ve been searching for availability for Europe/North America - HND/NRT - HKG/PVG for months but haven’t got any luck. At this point I’m just wondering if their system is down.
welcome to post pandemic Japan unfortunately
the unicorns are out there but few and far between
slxtynrt18 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Hello everyone!
Just booked a last-minute Asia- NRT-SFO in J. They may be releasing additional availability, albeit sporadically, within 2 weeks of departure.
Try searching for availability on each segment separately and then piece it together.
slxtynrt18 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: Equal Opportunity Mileage Junkie
It seems that ANA award availability has two sweet spots:
355 days before departure
2-3 weeks before departure

Otherwise, it's a bit of a challenge. It's not necessarily a systems issue, but rather an availability issue.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: CX-Silver, HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Hello everyone!
It's there, tedious to find. Searched multiple days.. for days.. before I finally snagged YVR-HND (edit: showed up exactly 2 weeks from departure date - showed up Sunday, for departure 2 Sundays out)
slxtynrt18 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:01 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
It's probably the China flights that are causing problems. Flights are still very limited and award space is probably even more limited if it's being released at all.

For Shanghai, the present schedule is 1/week NRT-PVG on Sunday only.
For Hong Kong, NRT-HKG is 3/week and HND-HKG will be once daily from late November.
slxtynrt18 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I had a RTW trip for 2020 which I planned in 2019. Was canceled due to COVID. Replanned it for 2021. Again canceled due to COVID. I am now sitting on 345k points which are about to expire and cannot find use for them.
slxtynrt18 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The trick is to set expertflyer alerts for the dates and routes you can potentially use, then wait. Something will usually open up but you have to book quickly before it is taken.
EqualOpp and slxtynrt18 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:47 pm

I can't find a single J or F award to or from North America in the entire winter calendar. Now that's stingy!
slxtynrt18 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:33 am

Is there any way to pull up your waitlists in the online account?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
All of your waitlisted flights should have entries in your reservations page. If not, you’re not waitlisted.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Only ANA
All of your waitlisted flights should have entries in your reservations page. If not, you’re not waitlisted.
Found the navigation to that page. Thank you.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:24 pm

Early in October, ANA had released a ton of F award flights for Jan/Feb/Mar 2023 between LAX and NRT/HND. They were all gone within a week-ish. I've been searching daily for more releases for April and beyond and so far nothing.
mi1m001 and slxtynrt18 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you a lot for the information! I’m really just trying to use the 100k miles which are due to expire this month and I’m not planning on traveling soon (due to work). I wonder if there’s any way to book a flight first then change to future flights, but the problem is that all future flights are waitlist.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

omg we are literally in the same shoes. I got 100k expiring this month and now just freaking out. I extended the miles online given their campaign, but so far the extension is not reflected in the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.