Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at JFK after BA moves to T8 Dec ‘22

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Lounge at JFK after BA moves to T8 Dec ‘22

Anyone know what lounge facilities will be available for ANA Business Class passengers, in January ‘23, after BA have moved to T8?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
Anyone know what lounge facilities will be available for ANA Business Class passengers, in January ‘23, after BA have moved to T8?
Interesting question, as far as I know the Alaska Airlines lounge is the only other lounge in the terminal. So if no one picks up the space from BA, it will be the Alaska Airlines lounge I guess.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
The terminal is actually getting demolished, so I would think that ANA would also move to a separate terminal.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Only ANA
The terminal is actually getting demolished, so I would think that ANA would also move to a separate terminal.
​​​​​​
True, forgot about that.... Demolished in December though, or a bit longer time line?

They can move to T4 and use the land side Swiss lounges....
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
True, forgot about that.... Demolished in December though, or a bit longer time line?

They can move to T4 and use the land side Swiss lounges....
Swiss lounge is airside now (and it's no longer Swiss since DL kicked them to T1 — now it's Wingtips). My guess is they'll move to T1 and share with LH, although not sure how JL will feel about that.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by truncated
Swiss lounge is airside now (and it's no longer Swiss since DL kicked them to T1 — now it's Wingtips). My guess is they'll move to T1 and share with LH, although not sure how JL will feel about that.
In the long run, it would seem to make sense to move JL to T8 with their OW partners and NH to T1 with their *A partners, if T8 can support the JAL flights.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I hope not… the LH lounge in T1 is outdated and crowded.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Only ANA
I hope not… the LH lounge in T1 is outdated and crowded.
Crowding should be negligible in the hours leading up to NH109's departure.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA
I believe that the long term plan is for most of the *A carriers to collocate in T1. Crank has written a breakdown here: What Billions of Dollars Will Do at JFK. The new T1 is scheduled to open in phases from 2026 to 2030, but one assumes that the timeline will slip and fall behind. Construction on the new T6 is expected to begin before the end of 2022 as well, so one assumes that the demolition of T7 is not too far in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.