ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced

Old Sep 15, 22, 3:22 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Posts: 3,537
Dupe.
Unimatrix One is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:19 am
  #92  
mjm
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Tokyo, Japan (or Vienna whenever possible)
Posts: 6,209
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
F class too?? The new J seat is really bad. It's spacious and private, but it feels like a park bench that reclines.
Thus is going to make come off badly , but, I only can speak to the F Class product. And yes it it hard as a rock after a coupe hours and i have a bony rear end.
Unimatrix One likes this.
mjm is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 6:31 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Posts: 60
Just got the email from ANA that my flight on NH11 in mid January just changed to the new configuration.

My seat was changed from 9A to 8C.
quikj is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 7:21 am
  #94  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by quikj
Just got the email from ANA that my flight on NH11 in mid January just changed to the new configuration.

My seat was changed from 9A to 8C.
That throws my theory out the window. 9A also exists in the new configuration. I wonder why they didn't let you keep the same seat.
night718 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 7:08 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 2
Hopefully one of you can assist me with a quick question. Booking my first ANA award (transferring in MR and booking directly with ANA). I've listened to the Daily Churn podcast and learned most of the tricks so I should be able to snag an award 354 days out with a dummy return.

I was originally hoping to book outbound in F and return in J, however, I live near Sacramento so my two main hubs would be SFO or LAX (with a positioning flight). Both are only showing the 789 right now with no F availability that far out. I was thinking about booking NH105/NH106 in hopes that it'll get swapped out for the new 77W suites by the time the flight comes around. I'd only be able to currently book in J though.

Will I get a notification if the plane changes? If availability opens in F (with a plane change), can I "upgrade" or cancel/rebook at least one leg in F? Additionally, since it takes so long to transfer MR to ANA, can they hold it for me or do I just have to transfer and hope? Or transfer well in advance and hope.
Hyrax is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 9:19 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Posts: 323
Originally Posted by Hyrax
Hopefully one of you can assist me with a quick question. Booking my first ANA award (transferring in MR and booking directly with ANA). I've listened to the Daily Churn podcast and learned most of the tricks so I should be able to snag an award 354 days out with a dummy return.

I was originally hoping to book outbound in F and return in J, however, I live near Sacramento so my two main hubs would be SFO or LAX (with a positioning flight). Both are only showing the 789 right now with no F availability that far out. I was thinking about booking NH105/NH106 in hopes that it'll get swapped out for the new 77W suites by the time the flight comes around. I'd only be able to currently book in J though..
I would be very surprised if NH didn't resume 777 service to all SFO and LAX flights by Summer 2023 schedule. But that's just my guesstimate. For the winter schedule thru March 25th, it appears that NH 105/106 will have the new 777s operating the HND-LAX. But extrapolating that to August/September 2023 is again a guesstimate.
arfaczar is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 10:13 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,085
Originally Posted by mjm
Thus is going to make come off badly , but, I only can speak to the F Class product. And yes it it hard as a rock after a coupe hours and i have a bony rear end.
Odd Im pretty bony and I find it comfortable. Will finally be trying the a380 next month but I imagine it will be substantially the same.
pesos is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 10:22 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 195
The A380 is slightly worse in some ways. The screen is a bit smaller, as are the windows. Seat width is also slightly smaller, I can usually fit my duffel bag under the 777 but the 380 wouldnt fit it. Theres more drawers closer to the window.

The IFE system is also older and feel a bit cheaper to me.
Only ANA is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 10:43 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by arfaczar
I would be very surprised if NH didn't resume 777 service to all SFO and LAX flights by Summer 2023 schedule. But that's just my guesstimate. For the winter schedule thru March 25th, it appears that NH 105/106 will have the new 777s operating the HND-LAX. But extrapolating that to August/September 2023 is again a guesstimate.
Right. I'm on the fence between SFO and LAX. Honestly might be easier just to take a short flight to LAX from SMF than dealing with getting into SFO. Getting the new hard product would be icing on the cake if I can manage. It just felt like NH105 was my best bet since it's already there, though I know that could change a year from now.

Either way, it leaves my other question about plane changes. Would love to try F for at least one leg but I'd rather get there in J and get the flight booked than miss out on both or not get the days I want. Is it possible to move from J to F if availability opens if I am booking awards directly with ANA? I know they let you change dates and such even after booking.
Hyrax is offline  
Old Sep 15, 22, 11:32 pm
  #100  
mjm
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Tokyo, Japan (or Vienna whenever possible)
Posts: 6,209
Originally Posted by pesos
Odd Im pretty bony and I find it comfortable. Will finally be trying the a380 next month but I imagine it will be substantially the same.
You are referring to the new "The Suite"? No way is it comfortable on a 14 hour flight from NY. The old one is fine, but the new one they bought some very thin seat pads.
mjm is offline  
Old Sep 16, 22, 6:58 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,085
Hmm I flew it multiple times during covid to/from both NY and LA and recently from LHR and didn't have any issue with seat comfort. Maybe I'm getting old and fat in the ... XD

I know the screen will be smaller on the a380 but that's too bad to hear about the ife and seat width. But the quiet of the a380 is very nice!
pesos is offline  
Old Sep 16, 22, 11:38 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Posts: 323
Originally Posted by Hyrax
Right. I'm on the fence between SFO and LAX. Honestly might be easier just to take a short flight to LAX from SMF than dealing with getting into SFO. Getting the new hard product would be icing on the cake if I can manage. It just felt like NH105 was my best bet since it's already there, though I know that could change a year from now.

Either way, it leaves my other question about plane changes. Would love to try F for at least one leg but I'd rather get there in J and get the flight booked than miss out on both or not get the days I want. Is it possible to move from J to F if availability opens if I am booking awards directly with ANA? I know they let you change dates and such even after booking.
I've previously changed NH flights while upgrading from J to F with no change fee - however, that was using VS miles and followed the T&Cs of the Flying Club program. My only fee-free experience changing an award ticket issued with NH miles involved changing dates (not class of service). My guess is that changing class of service may trigger a change fee, but it would be best to confirm with an agent.
arfaczar is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 3:14 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Programs: Chase, Amex, SWA, UAL, DAL
Posts: 34
ANA's award schedule seems to be changing quite a bit, at least in and out of LAX. I was poking around yesterday and noticed that F availability for two on NH106 from HND to LAX was available on 3/10, 3/14, and 3/24, but there was no outbound availability on NH105. Today, I looked, and for two, 3/24 was gone, but some more holes opened up, so I managed to book NH105 on 3/7 and NH106 on 3/23.
(edit) These were direct on ANA, but I do see quite a few more "yes"es than I was expecting on Expertflyer.
zedkyuu is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 4:26 pm
  #104  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by zedkyuu
ANA's award schedule seems to be changing quite a bit, at least in and out of LAX. I was poking around yesterday and noticed that F availability for two on NH106 from HND to LAX was available on 3/10, 3/14, and 3/24, but there was no outbound availability on NH105. Today, I looked, and for two, 3/24 was gone, but some more holes opened up, so I managed to book NH105 on 3/7 and NH106 on 3/23.
(edit) These were direct on ANA, but I do see quite a few more "yes"es than I was expecting on Expertflyer.
Noticed this too.

For our return from Asia to YYZ next year, we originally had booked EVA with transit through LHR. I was randomly searching award availability yesterday and was able to find two seats in F for NH106 on 3/7, even though we were primarily interested in J.

Immediately called in to Virgin to secure the booking. Surcharges of USD $411 per person is a bitter pill to swallow, but with the 30% transfer bonus from Amex to Virgin, and the fact that this was our optimal return date, it was still a no-brainer.
jason013 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 6:17 pm
  #105  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 21
I have ORD-HND booked for January and they kept my seat 1K. Super excited to try the suite.
hoboeater is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread