Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Torode
Yes, in the change of flight email I got, they had already put me on NH174, and I just needed to confirm via the website. When I asked for a booking on Nov. 22 instead of Nov. 23 (since NH114 still operates on Nov. 22), I was adamant that I wanted them to retain the NH174 booking until it was guaranteed that the NH114 on Nov. 22 was doable. I did not want to relinquish NH174 and just to be in waitlist limbo, and they were receptive. It took around 40 minutes to get a call back saying that they could "adjust" the quota of award space available and give me NH114. Mind you, this was Japanese business hours and done over the phone in Japanese, maybe that helped. I also told them I'd be out 120,000 yen on a non-refundable connecting flight if they refused.
That's good to know! I had to be on the waitlist to be moved from an NRT to HND flight which did eventually happen (so happy it did, kind of surprised honestly) and called back to see if the date could be moved due to my connecting flight. This was during US hours and they were not able to keep my confirmed flight while also waitlist me for an earlier date. Instead, I will try to get them to open up award space on a later connecting flight that currently is waitlist only. I wonder if my call would have gone differently if I called in the evening and spoke with someone in Japan.

As a DP, I had JFK-HND in F and return NRT - JFK in J which got cancelled and they were able to find my J space on HND-JFK return. Now here's to hoping Japan will open up a bit more to tourists!
Torode likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:36 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by Torode
I really hope the schedule is back to near full strength by June 2023. But you might get a similar deal where you are automatically assigned to flight arriving at NRT instead of HND. It's a hassle but doable if you don't have same-day connections.
Oh we do. Flying on to SGN and coming back from SIN via NRT to JFK (as of now). I would take any East or Central gateway but I know they don't like to switch routings.
Torode likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:48 am

Wanted to ask if I'm reading this wrong, as I've booked the below ticket, but in the article, it says "NH 843/842" (btwn Haneda and Singapore) as suspended, as well as "NH 112/111" (btwn Chicago and Haneda) .. how is this possible? Or does the yellow highlight mean it was suspended, but now an option? This is for Nov 2022 travel.

Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hardworking21
Wanted to ask if I'm reading this wrong, as I've booked the below ticket, but in the article, it says "NH 843/842" (btwn Haneda and Singapore) as suspended, as well as "NH 112/111" (btwn Chicago and Haneda) .. how is this possible? Or does the yellow highlight mean it was suspended, but now an option? This is for Nov 2022 travel.
You're reading it wrong. Column 3 is the old schedule and column 4 is the updated schedule.

Yellow highlight means the schedule changed.
hardworking21 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by night718
You're reading it wrong. Column 3 is the old schedule and column 4 is the updated schedule.

If I'm not mistaken there was a discrepancy between the text and the table yesterday, as ORD-HND was listed as suspended in both columns. This has now been corrected, but maybe hardworking21 looked at the table before it was corrected.
hardworking21 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
ORD is one of my most frequent routes, so I'm happy about the restoration of HND-ORD. I'm not happy about ORD getting the "Room" in J, though. I think the Staggered seats are more comfortable. Maybe I'll switch back to JL...
Interesting, I thought that the popular consensus was that the "Room" is an improvement over "Staggered." But "Staggered" has its merits too. And the "Room" doesn't seem like it would fit on the 787 fleet anyways.

Originally Posted by angetenar

This is from the email that was sent out earlier today.
Thanks! Interesting that only NH105/106 is getting "The Room" -- and presumably all other flights remain "Staggered" with the 787.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:55 am

Ah gotcha - my miss. Thanks for clarifying!

Originally Posted by night718

night718 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:58 am

Nope, this was my fault, I misread the column headers, and then panicked, as I 100% don't want to be on the United ORD - HND flight ... even in Polaris, after regularly flying QSuites + SQ J class. ANA is lovely but I'm not game for a swap over to UA, which I thought I was at risk of, given ORD's hub status for the airline. Appreciate your support though!

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
If I'm not mistaken there was a discrepancy between the text and the table yesterday, as ORD-HND was listed as suspended in both columns. This has now been corrected, but maybe hardworking21 looked at the table before it was corrected.
night718 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:11 pm

I've been searching on ANA's site on JFK-TYO (even JFK--TYO--KUL) route/s for the past couple months for travel next summer (June to Aug) for 1F or 1J's and couldn't see awards space. Is this due to the pandemic or I'm just late in seeing any awards space before they got snatched up? Ideally I'm looking for 1F and 2J's--does ANA even open up that many awards space on same flight for these routes (looking to try The Room & The Suite)? I'm happy to hear ORD will be getting The Room & The Suite by end of next month as that would give me more options. Any feed backs would be appreciated!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Summer is peak travel season, and there’s the pandemic as well. Even before the border easing was announced recently, as a Diamond member I would only see availability for single segments a few hours after they were released. People snatch them up pretty quickly. And with mileage expiration extended, there are more miles floating around.

For award tickets, you need to make sure every single segment is available. On top of that, KUL doesn’t have F, so you would be looking for 3J on that segment, which unless you are Diamond (maybe Platinum) you wouldn’t ever have access to.
TIGRIS23 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Only ANA
Summer is peak travel season, and there’s the pandemic as well. Even before the border easing was announced recently, as a Diamond member I would only see availability for single segments a few hours after they were released. People snatch them up pretty quickly. And with mileage expiration extended, there are more miles floating around.

For award tickets, you need to make sure every single segment is available. On top of that, KUL doesn’t have F, so you would be looking for 3J on that segment, which unless you are Diamond (maybe Platinum) you wouldn’t ever have access to.
Thanks for your feedback Only ANA! Now, in normal times, will 1F & 2J's on a JFK<-->TYO possible? Don't want to waste my time daily searching for it if it's not even possible.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
Thanks for your feedback Only ANA! Now, in normal times, will 1F & 2J's on a JFK<-->TYO possible? Don't want to waste my time daily searching for it if it's not even possible.
On the same flight? Probably not even in normal times. For most days, all of the seats would have to remain unbooked for an entire day because of the time difference. When bookings open up someone in Tokyo can book TYO - JFK for the exact same day, because TYO to JFK lands on the same day that JFK TYO departs. They can immediately book JFK TYO and wait for the next day for increased opening. If you’re coming for JFK, you can’t even book JFK TYO because it lands the next day. The first valid return flight you can book opens up the next day.

So that’s if you try to book on opening. Otherwise you’re hoping that at some point everyone who booked an award on that day cancels (twice).

There’s slightly more availability on certain days (Thursday and Tuesday I think they release an extra 1 or 2 J). But it’s really an uphill battle.
TIGRIS23 and Cometstar like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
What I don't understand is that the only 2 routes First Class is being sold on seem to be JFK and ORD. Even though ANA announced their new The Room/The Suite products on certain LAX-HND flights, First Class is not available for sale beyond 30 October on this route.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by David7
What I don't understand is that the only 2 routes First Class is being sold on seem to be JFK and ORD. Even though ANA announced their new The Room/The Suite products on certain LAX-HND flights, First Class is not available for sale beyond 30 October on this route.
The correct planes being used for after 10/30 have not been updated yet in their system. My ORD-NRT flight in November still shows the staggered business class seats.
quikj likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Stratoliner777
Interesting, I thought that the popular consensus was that the "Room" is an improvement over "Staggered." But "Staggered" has its merits too. And the "Room" doesn't seem like it would fit on the 787 fleet anyways.
In theory the Room should be much better, but the seat surface is very very hard and has no lumbar support. It feels like sitting on a park bench. ANA really messed up what should have been an industry leading product. I feel like they didn't test it with enough people or they would have realized how uncomfortable it is and they would have fixed it with a softer, more ergonomic design.
Stratoliner777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.