Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Does ANA ever open up last minute award availability?

Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / AC 75K / ALL Diamond

I'm booked on a flight for early October on ANA, BKK to NRT. Currently I'm in X class (via Air Canada).

In my experience, some *A airlines (like LH) seem to open up a lot of award availability near the date of the flight if they have extra seats. Does this tend to happen on ANA / do I have a chance of getting I space?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by acrooksie
I'm booked on a flight for early October on ANA, BKK to NRT. Currently I'm in X class (via Air Canada).

In my experience, some *A airlines (like LH) seem to open up a lot of award availability near the date of the flight if they have extra seats. Does this tend to happen on ANA / do I have a chance of getting I space?
In my experience, it's highly dependent on what's available, but the only two times I have had an award booking clear waitlist was about 10 days before departure. Whatever that info is worth. I basically don't even bother with waitlisting anymore, they usually never clear.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
typically if im feeling lucky, ill check the UA site about 3-5 days before my planned departure, maybe a couple days further out, and im usually able to find F awards out of SFO//LAX to NRT or HND

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.