Search

The best seat in B777 The Room

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus
The best seat in B777 The Room

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask, which is the best seat for solo travel in the new business class of ANA Boeing 777, The Room? It's better to be quiet, and 5A/K can still be selected at present. But, I've never sat in a reverse seat and don't know the experience of a reverse seat. Thank you~
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
5A/K is my go-to. The mini-cabin is nice. You get two windows. Reverse seat doesn’t bother me much, never really notice except takeoff and landing, but if you’re sensitive to the incline at which you sleep it may be a factor as the plane always has a slight upward tilt and isn’t horizontal.
truncated likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Only ANA
5A/K is my go-to. The mini-cabin is nice. You get two windows. Reverse seat doesn’t bother me much, never really notice except takeoff and landing, but if you’re sensitive to the incline at which you sleep it may be a factor as the plane always has a slight upward tilt and isn’t horizontal.
Reason I like rear facing seats. You have your head slightly elevated due to the angle of the plane. In forward facing seats I often don't recline fully, to get my head slightly evelvated. All easier to manage in a rear facing seat.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I've flown in reverse facing seats on BA and it was a non-issue. I would do it again.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:20 am
pjs

Any advice for couples? Still better to grab windows or two center seats in mini-cabin?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pjs
Any advice for couples? Still better to grab windows or two center seats in mini-cabin?
E and F.
pjs likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus
Thank You~
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Another vote for 5A (going east) and 5K (going west) — two full windows, the mini-cabin is much quieter, and I personally have never had any issue facing backwards. Of course the only problem is being so close to F...
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:00 am

Why 5k going west? I'm flying into Haneda from LAX and wondering if 5k or 5A will give me a better chance at spotting Fuji.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgsanta
Why 5k going west? I'm flying into Haneda from LAX and wondering if 5k or 5A will give me a better chance at spotting Fuji.
That's not easy to say, if you come on the approach over Tokyo Bay to 34L/R 5A. But if you come on the approach over the city for 16L/R 5K, if you come on the approach for 20 or 22, then likely only the pilots gets a view of Fuji. 22 is quite rare for international arrivals. 16L/R is only used in the afternoons and early evening.
Arsene Wenger and pgsanta like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That's not easy to say, if you come on the approach over Tokyo Bay to 34L/R 5A. But if you come on the approach over the city for 16L/R 5K, if you come on the approach for 20 or 22, then likely only the pilots gets a view of Fuji. 22 is quite rare for international arrivals. 16L/R is only used in the afternoons and early evening.
Seems like 5A would usually offer the best chance for late night departures from LAX, if you can catch the sunrise that is.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like 5A would usually offer the best chance for late night departures from LAX, if you can catch the sunrise that is.
If you land between 5am and 6am you are almost guaranteed to get 34L/R
pgsanta likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:46 am

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:52 am

If I can pick your brain some more, what about flying out of Haneda west towards BKK around 11 am? Still left side?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I can pick your brain some more, what about flying out of Haneda west towards BKK around 11 am? Still left side?
Likely to be the K side.
pgsanta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.