Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did ANA reduce J availability to 1 seat?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Did ANA reduce J availability to 1 seat?

I'm wondering if I'm just slow or has award availability been reduced to 0 F, 1 J, 1 Premium?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:26 am
pjs

I booked 2 seats for a round-trip itinerary to SE Asia on Sunday for next June and still see lots of J availability for 2 seats out of IAH when I looked into adjusting the dates.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pjs
I booked 2 seats for a round-trip itinerary to SE Asia on Sunday for next June and still see lots of J availability for 2 seats out of IAH when I looked into adjusting the dates.

Can you share your route? I'm looking specifically at LAX->HND or LAX->NRT which typically has 1/2 F, 2 J, 3-4 Premium. Of course this was before the pandemic. Now I'm only getting 0, 1, 1. Tried refreshing on the dot for 3 days straight.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:35 am
pjs

Originally Posted by bruceleeroy
Can you share your route? I'm looking specifically at LAX->HND or LAX->NRT which typically has 1/2 F, 2 J, 3-4 Premium. Of course this was before the pandemic. Now I'm only getting 0, 1, 1. Tried refreshing on the dot for 3 days straight.
I booked IAH-HND-SGN/SIN-NRT-JFK. When I was looking before my Amex points transferred, I mostly saw IAH outbound and ORD return availability on several days in late May/early June. The JFK availability (and not waitlisted) was a complete surprise so I immediately grabbed it 355 days out.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I've always had pretty good luck with close in premium bookings on NH (usually less than 1 week out). I've never had a schedule that I could predict for 355 day bookings, so don't even look.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I've always had pretty good luck with close in premium bookings on NH (usually less than 1 week out). I've never had a schedule that I could predict for 355 day bookings, so don't even look.

I'm flexible enough in my travel that I can wait a week out to book but the problem is lodging. We typically stay in Airbnb's so we can't wait a week out to book. It'll be impossible.

Checked again today and still only 1 J, 1 Premium, and 2 Economy.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dvs7310
How are you confirming this ticket if you're also required to confirm the return leg at the same time?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
I'm also seeing this on the LAX-NRT/HND routes. Going all the way out to end of schedule, the only days with J availability show just 1 seat. Frustrating, as I'm sitting on a pile of VS points from a cancelled 2xJ + 1xF reservation. Would love to use them to go back to Japan.

Hopefully this gets fixed once tourism opens up and 773 gets put back on the route.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammybk
I'm also seeing this on the LAX-NRT/HND routes. Going all the way out to end of schedule, the only days with J availability show just 1 seat. Frustrating, as I'm sitting on a pile of VS points from a cancelled 2xJ + 1xF reservation. Would love to use them to go back to Japan.

Hopefully this gets fixed once tourism opens up and 773 gets put back on the route.
Okay so it's not just me. I've tried for a week straight refreshing at the dot and I only see 1 seat. I thought people were just getting in faster than me.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammybk

Okay so it's not just me. I've tried for a week straight refreshing at the dot and I only see 1 seat. I thought people were just getting in faster than me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.