Wiki Posts
Search

ANA on miles & waitlisting

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
ANA on miles & waitlisting

Sorry if some of these questions might seem repetitive. I've flown ANA on miles before but via partners like UA. I'm trying to book direct this tiem for a non-stop RT SFO to HND in prem econ for 3 pax for this November. This comes out to a cash price of ~$7200. Using miles it's only 210,000 miles, however I'd be waitlisted. I read on here that some have called in to book vs on ANA's site and was able to get tickets. Can anyone else confirm this? i.e., greater sucess of booking on awards via phone vs. web?
Old May 31, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
The availability is the same. The threads you might have read are probably related to cancellations, in which case they might be more amenable to making changes by contacting another department. Even sometimes cancellations aren’t accommodated though.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:51 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
OP, make no mistake.

ANA Waitlist means "It is not currently available. It MAY become available in the future. Wait on the list and wait some more. It may never clear the list."

Some naïve people seem to think that all PAX on the waitlist will clear it. Not so!
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by roberto99
OP, make no mistake.

ANA Waitlist means "It is not currently available. It MAY become available in the future. Wait on the list and wait some more. It may never clear the list."

Some naïve people seem to think that all PAX on the waitlist will clear it. Not so!
To add to that, there may be seats available for cash payment, and an award waitlist may still not clear
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
To add to that, there may be seats available for cash payment, and an award waitlist may still not clear
With demand the way it is and Japan being open for transit I’m skeptical a waitlist will clear. November begins peak season in SE Asia. Tokyo and Seoul are really the only two stress free transit options at the moment.
sinoswiss likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
I wanted to revisit this thread again and see what peoples' experiences ahve been. I just tried booking award seats again, same itinerary. This time out to Oct 2023 its still showing waitlisted....
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by redleader74
I wanted to revisit this thread again and see what peoples' experiences ahve been. I just tried booking award seats again, same itinerary. This time out to Oct 2023 its still showing waitlisted....
People do report successes, so it is certainly not zero, but does get booked very fast after release. Particularly if you are looking for New York or London

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.