ANA Flight Cancellations - Frustrating

Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:08 am
Original Poster

ANA Flight Cancellations - Frustrating

So if you have a flight RT on F or J tickets, expect to see seat changes on The Room and cancellations The Suite tickets.

I had 2 seats on The Room for NH105 (in Sept) and to get seats next to each other, we had to book different rows, but now with the garbage 787-9 we're sitting literally on different rows lol. The Suite on NH106 is canceled as these 787-9's don't even have a first class.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they get this 5G thing figured out by then - quite disappointed for now.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SW, Virgin America
Guessing it's related, had 2 F seats on a fall 2022 booking cancelled because of this as well. May give ANA a call later to understand options but very frustrating.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by spicymochi
So if you have a flight RT on F or J tickets, expect to see seat changes on The Room and cancellations The Suite tickets.

I had 2 seats on The Room for NH105 (in Sept) and to get seats next to each other, we had to book different rows, but now with the garbage 787-9 we're sitting literally on different rows lol. The Suite on NH106 is canceled as these 787-9's don't even have a first class.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they get this 5G thing figured out by then - quite disappointed for now.
I doubt this is a 5G related thing. I think ANA is just starting to rearrange aircraft plans.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: ANA: SFC / Marriott: Platinum Elite / Hilton: Diamond
I also got an email this morning cancelling my F seat on HND-FRA this May due to 789 change. Saw it coming because all recent flights on that route are 789. At least that gives me the penalty-free cancellation and miles refund.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:27 pm

Also had this happen to me two days ago. For travel in October, I booked (through Virgin) a F flight on NH125 from LAX to HND and a J return flight on NH106. Just got the notification that the NH106 return flight which originally featured the Room was downgraded to a 787-9. For now, my NH125 F departure flight has not been changed, and I just hope that stays the case.

Last edited by dyrtydave; Mar 1, 2022 at 1:33 pm
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Royal Orchid Plus, World Perks
I also just had the most frustrating flight cancellation by ANA.

I booked 6 Business Class tickets on BKK-NRT-HNL for travel in April and ANA cancelled the NRT-HNL leg. United also cancelled its flight.

While I adore ANA's inflight service, their reservations and flight cancellation team is a nightmare. They have rules so rigid that it made me wonder if they just want me to cancel the flight.

Ended up having to re-route BKK-NRT-LAX-HNL (+12 hours of travel time). For a while they were also forcing us to take Economy Class, because the "P" Business Class inventory was not available (the higher fare class was). They say Sorry, we know it is our fault, but if you do not wish to take Economy Class you can cancel your ticket and fly on another airline.

Luckily a week later some "P" class opened up so I was able to re-book. Very bad experience.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Getting put in to Y is quite absurd.

HNL has been cancelled for almost all of the pandemic basically, ANA just does it in 2-3 months rolling blocks. Which is a bit frustrating way, as even though you know it is going to happen, they are not going to rebook you until it has actually been cancelled.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: ANA Diamond
LOL at least you guys got seats. I had a ticket in F on NH105 also in September and they just straight up cancelled it and didn't refund me at all. Now I need to call in and try and fix this mess.

Edit - Wow you can't even buy tickets in September period. Am I just screwed here?

Last edited by ETHFlyer; Mar 12, 2022 at 1:56 am
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:32 pm

I thought expertflyer was broken but I guess this is the issue. Are they putting 787s on all routes now? Other than NY where is the 777 still flying?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ohsopc
I also just had the most frustrating flight cancellation by ANA.

I booked 6 Business Class tickets on BKK-NRT-HNL for travel in April and ANA cancelled the NRT-HNL leg. United also cancelled its flight.

While I adore ANA's inflight service, their reservations and flight cancellation team is a nightmare. They have rules so rigid that it made me wonder if they just want me to cancel the flight.

Ended up having to re-route BKK-NRT-LAX-HNL (+12 hours of travel time). For a while they were also forcing us to take Economy Class, because the "P" Business Class inventory was not available (the higher fare class was). They say Sorry, we know it is our fault, but if you do not wish to take Economy Class you can cancel your ticket and fly on another airline.

Luckily a week later some "P" class opened up so I was able to re-book. Very bad experience.
This is where Japanese service doesnt shine.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:57 pm

All these flight cancellations is making me uneasy.
planning to buy ticket today BKK-LAX for next week , hopefully no cancellation.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Torode
I also got an email this morning cancelling my F seat on HND-FRA this May due to 789 change. Saw it coming because all recent flights on that route are 789. At least that gives me the penalty-free cancellation and miles refund.
So, we have this flight booked for late April using Virgin Flying Club miles. No email yet cancelling our F seats. If there is no contact and we just turn up at Haneda for the flight, what is the worst case scenario? Downgraded to Business? Not allowed to board?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by waribai
So, we have this flight booked for late April using Virgin Flying Club miles. No email yet cancelling our F seats. If there is no contact and we just turn up at Haneda for the flight, what is the worst case scenario? Downgraded to Business? Not allowed to board?
have you gotten your ANA conf code from virgin? You can get that and sign into the ANA site and check how things look there.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pesos
have you gotten your ANA conf code from virgin? You can get that and sign into the ANA site and check how things look there.

Yes, everything looks fine but...........as @Torode says all flights on that route are currently showing as 789 and google flights only books into 789. If we were downgraded at the airport into business and got a refund of miles that would be fine. My nightmare scenario is that 24 hours before they just cancel on us. That would really limit our options!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Royal Orchid Plus, World Perks
Originally Posted by mikemontri
All these flight cancellations is making me uneasy.
planning to buy ticket today BKK-LAX for next week , hopefully no cancellation.
BKK-NRT-LAX should be ok. They have been running those daily for a while now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.