Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

How to link separate bookings? (For checked baggage forwarding)

Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I have some one-way ANA flights booked (as award flights, using a partner airlines miles), and just wondered if anyone might be able to shed some light on how I could link these separate tickets together for luggage to be automatically checked through on to the next segment please?

Best to call them or?

I also have one NH flight arriving into HND, but do not anticipate being able to enter Japan at the time of the flight (due to border closures), so will be looking to book a revenue flight on SQ out of HND around 8/9 hours later to SIN (it will not be an overnight stop - which I gather isnt permitted currently).

It seems that NH and SQ are quite cosy with each other, so hoping it is possible for luggage to be checked through on to my SQ flight Im not sure if it makes any difference, but the flights are all in F and J, so baggage will be covered by allowances.

TIA
Old Oct 27, 2021, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
ANA is generally very good at checking luggage across separate tickets. So there is no need to actually do anything. Do bring a print of both of your e-tickets as that will make life easier for the agent.

Seperare bookings can't be linked that way, but if you call ANA they can make a note in the booking, it will still require some manual intervention from the check-in staff though.

Staying in Haneda 8-9 hours is not a problem, even overnight is not a problem. The airside transit hotel is still closed, so the time have to spent in the lounge or somewhere in the terminal though. Narita is the one where overnight transits are impossible.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
ANA is generally very good at checking luggage across separate tickets. So there is no need to actually do anything. Do bring a print of both of your e-tickets as that will make life easier for the agent.

Seperare bookings can't be linked that way, but if you call ANA they can make a note in the booking, it will still require some manual intervention from the check-in staff though.

Staying in Haneda 8-9 hours is not a problem, even overnight is not a problem. The airside transit hotel is still closed, so the time have to spent in the lounge or somewhere in the terminal though. Narita is the one where overnight transits are impossible.
Excellent! Thank you for the valuable insight, as always!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.