Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo fare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Tokyo fare

I got one of the tokyo fares the other day from cleveland. It connects in Ewr to HND. My first time going to Japan and thus being on this airline. Any quick insight. On the way back right now i can Choose between united or all nipon is there a preference? One better then the other? Im in coach.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
ANA is better in all classes, but not sure you have a choice. United is the only airline flying from EWR. For New York ANA uses JFK, and United doesn’t fly to JFK unless it’s from SFO or LAX.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta
You were giving an option? how? I saw some people's tickets were canceled.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beyonce
You were giving an option? how? I saw some people's tickets were canceled.
mine werent so far. I can change to come home to ewr on united or back to ord on ANA. Price difference is $5.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyboygoon
ANA is better in all classes, but not sure you have a choice. United is the only airline flying from EWR. For New York ANA uses JFK, and United doesn’t fly to JFK unless it’s from SFO or LAX.
i can come home through ewr on united or
back on ANA through ord or sfo. The change is $5 difference.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by rashodw
i can come home through ewr on united or
back on ANA through ord or sfo. The change is $5 difference.
Wow. That's so lucky. So many people got their tickets canceled and were told to pay so much more.
rashodw likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Switched to ana on the way home. Connect in California.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I love flying ANA. Ive always had better attentive service onboard ANA flights. Aside from better inflight amenities and food inflight, as with most Japan based airlines, be prepared to lose some layers inflight. Most flights fly a bit warmer than US airlines.

Jiburi
rashodw, roberto99 and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rashodw
I got one of the tokyo fares the other day from cleveland. It connects in Ewr to HND. My first time going to Japan and thus being on this airline. Any quick insight. On the way back right now i can Choose between united or all nipon is there a preference? One better then the other? Im in coach.
When are you traveling? Will you be allowed to enter Japan? Right now there's a state of emergency due to COVID-19 in much of the country, with for example all restaurants being *requested* to close at 8 pm and not serve any alcohol.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When are you traveling? Will you be allowed to enter Japan? Right now there's a state of emergency due to COVID-19 in much of the country, with for example all restaurants being *requested* to close at 8 pm and not serve any alcohol.
my ticket isnt till next March so hopefully theyll be open by then. Can get credit back if we cant get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.