Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Mileage Expiration Extension Not Showing Online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 9:44 am
Original Poster

I had 10k ANA miles that got orphaned in my account a couple of years ago. Haven't been able to use them due to COVID. I successfully extended the expiration to April 2021 previously. There was another campaign to extend this to Sept 30, 2021. I have registered for this, but expiration is still showing April 2021 online. Anyone else seeing this? I'm assuming that this was changed to Sept when it comes around, but not sure.

Thanks for any input.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have not studied the details of the ANA extension offer, however, I would guess that it only shows the new expiration date once you are past the old one.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
had 4k miles expiring march 31st and i registered for the extension but they disappeared from my account, anyone with a similar experience? not looking forward to the call
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure if it’s the same with upgrade points, but there may be a delay. For upgrade points the ones that expire March 31 for me will be redeposited at the end of April according to the site.
ainternational likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 7:02 pm

yeah its the same for miles i think, called them up and they said it would be redeposited in a few weeks, kind of annoying since seats just opened up and i would've used those miles
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by merridius
had 4k miles expiring march 31st and i registered for the extension but they disappeared from my account, anyone with a similar experience? not looking forward to the call
I had just over 10k and I'm in the same boat. I THINK I applied for the extension, but IIRC there was no confirmation of any kind, nor anything displayed in your account, so how the hell would you know?

TBH I dunno what I'm gonna do with these miles anyways. I have like 18,000 miles, but zero travel plans and extending them to August 2021 really does nothing for me. I just had a bunch of miles expire with SQ as well and doesn't seem like they're terribly interested in doing anything about it.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I had just over 10k and I'm in the same boat. I THINK I applied for the extension, but IIRC there was no confirmation of any kind, nor anything displayed in your account, so how the hell would you know?

TBH I dunno what I'm gonna do with these miles anyways. I have like 18,000 miles, but zero travel plans and extending them to August 2021 really does nothing for me. I just had a bunch of miles expire with SQ as well and doesn't seem like they're terribly interested in doing anything about it.
FWIW when i called they were able to confirm i had registered for the extension
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by merridius
FWIW when i called they were able to confirm i had registered for the extension
Maybe I'll give them a call. For me it does say something like "Mileage you registered for extension" as if I did do it. But I'm not sure if that's just a form letter on the website, or a poor translation or anything.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
My carried over upgrade points just posted, so it’s likely miles are posted now as well.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I'll add this here, rather than start a new thread. His article links to the ANA page to register for the extension.

ANA Mileage Club Sky Coins and Mileage Expiration Waiver Through September 30, 2021 – Then What?
Jun 1, 2021 - Loyalty Lobby

Two of his comments:

"Unfortunately this really isn’t a lot of relief. In the worst case it gives you just an extra month. Meanwhile Japan has still imposed a strict entry restriction on international travellers (pretty much impossible for most foreigners)."

"When is ANA finally going to approach their members (especially the international ones) to give them some update on how to conserve their miles?"

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/06/01/...021-then-what/
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Is there any way to spend my ANA miles without flying? Subscription of something, gift card, or merchandise purchase?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by AfterHour
Is there any way to spend my ANA miles without flying? Subscription of something, gift card, or merchandise purchase?
No, other than gainning ANA Diamond status.

I have some NH miles expiring in January and I'm hoping for an extension due to new surges of COVID in Asia and around the world. EVA just announced such an extension and I hope ANA will follow.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:18 pm

I don’t think another extension is too likely. Vaccine passports for domestic travellers can be applied for at the end of the month, so travel on ANA is likely to pick up later this year.

In addition to that, they’ve been very generous with handing out premium points this year. Diamond members got 40K just for having status, and the double premium point campaign for domestic flights has lasted half a year.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
There's another extension as I just received the email

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/cpn/...-skycoin20-11/

If I read the verbiage correctly, when you register, your miles expiring Sept 30th will expire temporarily and around late Oct miles will reappear with new expiration date of March 31st, 2022.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:01 pm

Now ANA extend the range of expired miles to Feb 28, 2022.
We have already extended the expiration dates of miles and ANA SKY COINS due to expire between March 31 and August 31, 2021 until September 30, 2021. As an extension of this handling, we will now extend the expiration dates of miles and ANA SKY COINS due to expire by February 28, 2022 until March 31, 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.