Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA announces plan to halve international flight services - Jan 26 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA announces plan to halve international flight services - Jan 26 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jomama341
Wow, I guess I got really lucky here. I had two upcoming seats in F JFK > HND that I redeemed through Avianca. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go on the trip, so I was holding out cancelling till the last minute in the hopes that the flight got cancelled, so I wouldn't have to pay Avianca's ridiculous $200 per ticket redeposit fee. I called in this morning and they told me that the refund would be processed and I wouldn't be assessed any fees. I have to think it has something to do with this announcement? Who knows...
That and/or very low loads. You got lucky this time for certain.
Old May 14, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
After WEEKS of refreshing, finally found 2 F tickets from JFK for March-April 2022 via Virgin (fifth time we moved the flight)!

Unfortunately the only flights available are from NRT, which any other time would be preferred because of the timing (the JFK-HND flight times are terrible) but now I’m already starting to be concerned about ANA never resuming the JFK-NRT route.
Old May 14, 2021, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by urifin
After WEEKS of refreshing, finally found 2 F tickets from JFK for March-April 2022 via Virgin (fifth time we moved the flight)!
Oh wow congrats! Been doing the same, because I currently have one planned for October and it's really unlikely to happen at this point, given the situation over there.
How did you monitor availability? ExpertFlyer?
Old May 14, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Klems
Oh wow congrats! Been doing the same, because I currently have one planned for October and it's really unlikely to happen at this point, given the situation over there.
How did you monitor availability? ExpertFlyer?
Thanks! ExpertFlyer is not fast enough in my experience, by the time they alert you on an opening it's already gone.

What I did was opened an account with ANA Mileage Club, looked for the date ranges I wanted and occasionally refreshed until it showed no waitlist. It would sometime open for a window of 15-20 minutes and then go to waitlist again so you really need to be lucky with your timing. Luckily, Virgin now offers one way flights so I waited for 331 days out for my flight to NRT (argh) and found one flight after refreshing for days so called Virgin and got it. 10 days after (last night) they finally had 3 openings in 3 consecutive days, which is crazy for a reservation for 2 people. I texted Virgin (it was after their call center hours) and got my reservation in.

I would say that it does take a bunch of time, when I had free time on my phone I would go on ANA and look for a space, knowing that Sakura 2022 may be a big comeback for them so they may be going fast. Now I really need to hope that they return to NRT.
Klems likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by urifin
What I did was opened an account with ANA Mileage Club, looked for the date ranges I wanted and occasionally refreshed until it showed no waitlist. It would sometime open for a window of 15-20 minutes and then go to waitlist again so you really need to be lucky with your timing. Luckily, Virgin now offers one way flights so I waited for 331 days out for my flight to NRT (argh) and found one flight after refreshing for days so called Virgin and got it.
Thanks for the insights, very useful! I didn't think that could work since ANA doesn't release all their seats to partner, I tend to find availability significantly better with ANA directly but that's really good to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.