Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA announces plan to halve international flight services - Jan 26 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA announces plan to halve international flight services - Jan 26 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
ANA issued update for "Changes to the Schedule for February and March 2021:"
See post 1 for link to :
"ANA to Temporarily Change Service on Select International Routes Due to the Coronavirus as of Feb. 4, 2021"
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
I wonder what the background behind those rerouted international flights to KIX/NGO instead of HND in mid-March is. Making it easier to quarantine at home? But why only at a few days in March in a one week period.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by freakazoid
I wonder what the background behind those rerouted international flights to KIX/NGO instead of HND in mid-March is. Making it easier to quarantine at home? But why only at a few days in March in a one week period.
Typically, Japanese companies rotate a lot of expats during March, to coincide with the start of the fiscal year on April 1st, including a fair amount of repatriations back to the home company. There is probably a lot of demand, NGO could be driven by a fair bit by Toyota. It would be a bit of a drag landing in Narita or Haneda and then have to get hire cars to go to the Kansai area.
freakazoid likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:25 am

It appears that, in addition to international flights, there are a lot of domestic flights cancelled as well.

We had a NRT-ITM flight in mid July cancelled and so far have not been offered an alternative flight/routing.

At the moment, it looks like there are no flights on this route for most of the summer. Earlier schedule had two daily flights on it.

Any thoughts whether there may be some rescheduling and return of flights on this route?

thanks
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ijakov
It appears that, in addition to international flights, there are a lot of domestic flights cancelled as well.

We had a NRT-ITM flight in mid July cancelled and so far have not been offered an alternative flight/routing.

At the moment, it looks like there are no flights on this route for most of the summer. Earlier schedule had two daily flights on it.

Any thoughts whether there may be some rescheduling and return of flights on this route?

thanks
I personally will not have any expectation on NRT-ITM. For NH NRT-ITM flights are pretty much international connecting passengers at NRT, if there are no international flights at NRT then there is no demand for NRT-ITM flight. Likley option for you will be HND-ITM flights, or will you entertain train (Shinkansen, bullet train) between Tokyo (or Shinagawa) and Shin-Osaka?
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Klems
The time line was as follows: called on Monday around 5pm EST, and she did the switch and waitlisted us, asked me to call back on Friday.
Same day at 8:45pm I got the email saying that the waitlist cleared and I have to confirm by Friday. I called back around 11pm to confirm, but everything was already confirmed (they never refunded me anything after the cancellation so I didn't have to pay again to confirm).
And Tuesday at 9PM, I received an email with the e-tickets.
Thank you for your reply--it actually took me much longer for ANA to give me a new flight, however, still flying J class from JFK-HND. I'm assuming that HQ is backlogged with multiple requests and it took me about 4-5 days.
Klems likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:07 pm

Does anyone have any schedules in Sep on which routes are available through Star Alliance Partners? Trying to find a flight back early Oct
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:09 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by od_sf
I have two SFO->NRT award travel business class seats (one for mid May, one for late September) that have been cancelled due to the SFO/NRT cancellations. Return flights HND->SFO are fine. I've decided to cancel the May trip altogether rather than rebook, and changed my outbound flight in September to the HND redeye. My question is: how long will it take for the 85K miles to make it back into my ANA account? I made the changes by phone with ANA customer service a couple of days ago. She mentioned that the refund to my CC for tax will take up to 3 weeks, but I assumed the miles would be recredited instantly.
This is one area where United shines - instant refunds for miles. Hope you received your credit back by now as it’s been 10 days since your post. Mine have always come back within a few days.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:31 am

Not sure if this is related, but we just received notice from VS that our flight had a date change and we were moved up to departing the day before. We maintained our F seats. This is for a flight in May to Japan, which probably won't be open by then anyways.

edited to add: Looks like more route changes.

https://www.anahd.co.jp/en/jp/topics/notice200206/

Last edited by AnthonyGT; Feb 26, 2021 at 6:50 am
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Looks like ANA decided to only offer F from London for Europe until end of October. Got my F reservation from FRA at the end of October cancelled. MUC has been cancelled now as well.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by freakazoid
Looks like ANA decided to only offer F from London for Europe until end of October. Got my F reservation from FRA at the end of October cancelled. MUC has been cancelled now as well.
I noticed yesterday that Frankfurt was all 787 already here in March. Probably little to no demand, beyond awards, for F.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 6:24 am

How did you get your notice from Virgin? This is now the second time we've had a change/cancellation for an aNA award with NO notice. Lucky I happened to look today. Seems like the a380 flights for june have been cancelled, UGH. My family is supposed to be on the same flight a couple days earlier via a United award and that silently disappeared from united's system as well! Infuriating. Gonna have to start setting EF alerts since the partner airlines can't seem to be trusted to notify.

Last edited by pesos; Mar 3, 2021 at 7:37 am
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:30 pm

I just got an email from VS stating that my ANA flight was cancelled
Old Mar 7, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Looks like they're adding more suspensions and blocking Int'l flight sales as well.

Suspension of reservation and sales on International routes (from Mar. 8 to Mar. 21, 2021, Arrival in Japan)
As part of the government's efforts to strengthen border control measures, restrictions on the number of people entering Japan will be tightened from March 8, 2021.
ANA will suspend reservation and sales of international flights arriving in Japan from March 8 to March 21, 2021. We may also extend these measures after March 22, 2021.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:20 am

Wow, I guess I got really lucky here. I had two upcoming seats in F JFK > HND that I redeemed through Avianca. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go on the trip, so I was holding out cancelling till the last minute in the hopes that the flight got cancelled, so I wouldn't have to pay Avianca's ridiculous $200 per ticket redeposit fee. I called in this morning and they told me that the refund would be processed and I wouldn't be assessed any fees. I have to think it has something to do with this announcement? Who knows...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.