Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

best j seats for 2 on ANA 788 from SEA to HND?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:53 am
Original Poster

This is likely an exercise in futility, but in keeping optimistic, I am scheduled to travel with my grandson to Japan and onward in June to ride bullet trains. We are flying out of Seattle on ANA 117 in business. I have tentatively selected the 2 middle seats, but when doing so, I get a warning that there is a partition between the 2 seats, and they recommend booking 2 seats that appear to be across the aisle from each other. Trying to get a look at some online pictures doesn't help much. Does anyone have recommendations on what seats would be best to book in this situation? Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dalameda
This is likely an exercise in futility, but in keeping optimistic, I am scheduled to travel with my grandson to Japan and onward in June to ride bullet trains. We are flying out of Seattle on ANA 117 in business. I have tentatively selected the 2 middle seats, but when doing so, I get a warning that there is a partition between the 2 seats, and they recommend booking 2 seats that appear to be across the aisle from each other. Trying to get a look at some online pictures doesn't help much. Does anyone have recommendations on what seats would be best to book in this situation? Thanks!
The staggered seats are not great for travelling together. There is quite a bit of a partition between the seats, so you'd have to lean forward quite a bit to see each other, and talk. But there is a passage between the seats.

With the location of the side tables, the across the aisle seats gets to be quite far from each other. So I'd say stick with the middle.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.