Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Booked ANA tickets with Virgin miles - cancellation/changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

I've booked ANA tickets for April 2021, with Virgin points - a mix of business and first class. Not sure I'll be able to make it now, due to work

I was thinking of holding on to see if the flights are cancelled - if they are, will I be offered seats on a future flight, or will I be searching for (scarce!) availability? I was also wondering whether I could change the names on the tickets to gift them.

I won't lose much cash if I cancel/move the booking, but finding new award availability looks likely to be a pain
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:13 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
You cannot have the name changed on the record.

Recently, VS gave me a FULL REFUND of miles and USD on a ticket on NH. It took about 3 weeks for the USD refund.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks - good to know a refund shouldn't be too much hassle if needed. Any idea what happens if ANA cancel? Would I be offered another flight, or have to find awards availability again.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by notanevildoer
Thanks - good to know a refund shouldn't be too much hassle if needed. Any idea what happens if ANA cancel? Would I be offered another flight, or have to find awards availability again.
When ANA cancelled one of my flights booked with VS I was moved to a flight the next day as they hadn't completely cancelled the route. Beyond that kind of auto-accommodation, you would need to find award space..
notanevildoer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
When ANA cancelled one of my flights booked with VS I was moved to a flight the next day as they hadn't completely cancelled the route. Beyond that kind of auto-accommodation, you would need to find award space..
Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:58 am

One my my flights I booked with Virgin Atlantic miles for a flight to Japan on ANA was cancelled.

It seems the award availability is not available on the day before or after the original flight. Does VS have the ability to request ANA open award space the way United would since they're in the same alliance, for example? I'm just wondering what my options are when I call.

Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
One my my flights I booked with Virgin Atlantic miles for a flight to Japan on ANA was cancelled.

It seems the award availability is not available on the day before or after the original flight. Does VS have the ability to request ANA open award space the way United would since they're in the same alliance, for example? I'm just wondering what my options are when I call.

Thanks.
Had 2 upcoming VX flights this summer on ANA F cancelled this AM. Called VX and nothing they could do to auto rebook, they have same access to availability. Went with refund of points/fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.