Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

free checked bag discrepancy on ticket vs website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

For a Y->F connection on the ticket (or eticket) it says 2 bags, and on ANA's website when you pull up the reservation it says 3.
It was ticketed by Lifemiles, maybe they are unaware? Anybody know which one ANA will claim at the airport?
Old May 18, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by s0ssos
For a Y->F connection on the ticket (or eticket) it says 2 bags, and on ANA's website when you pull up the reservation it says 3.
It was ticketed by Lifemiles, maybe they are unaware? Anybody know which one ANA will claim at the airport?
One ticket, domestic connection to F? You would get F allowance all the way.
Old May 18, 2020, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
One ticket, domestic connection to F? You would get F allowance all the way.
Yes, one ticket. It is a short international to long international. I would presume the longer segment would take precedence.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yes, one ticket. It is a short international to long international. I would presume the longer segment would take precedence.
If you are on ANA for both flights, you will get the F allowance all the way.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:24 am
Original Poster

If you are on ANA for both flights, you will get the F allowance all the way.
Thanks for the confirmation
Old May 22, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: NH/AS/WN
Sounds like your initial check-in is in Y class. In this case, Y class baggage allowance should apply for the entire trip. Best to check with ANA directly for confirmation.
Old May 25, 2020, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by santina1917
Sounds like your initial check-in is in Y class. In this case, Y class baggage allowance should apply for the entire trip. Best to check with ANA directly for confirmation.
Do you have any basis for that? The short segment is Y, long segment F.
Old May 25, 2020, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you have any basis for that? The short segment is Y, long segment F.
My best guess the basis is how US based carriers would treat their customers.

I would not worry about NH giving you the F allowance.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; May 25, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Old May 25, 2020, 11:40 am
Original Poster

My best guess the basis is how US based carriers would treat their customers.

I would lot worry about NH giving you the F allowance.
Great. Because I can confirm on the phone but it isn't like it is written. It is written on their website, when I view the reservation, that it is 3 bags.. I'd presume that is good enough.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great. Because I can confirm on the phone but it isn't like it is written. It is written on their website, when I view the reservation, that it is 3 bags.. I'd presume that is good enough.
Hope you did not get confused by my typo. haha it is not like l and n is close on the key pad. anyway.

Only thing I could think of that might disturb the picture a bit; how short is the short leg actually? Are we just talking shorter than the F leg, or an actually short flight
Old May 25, 2020, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Hope you did not get confused by my typo. haha it is not like l and n is close on the key pad. anyway.

Only thing I could think of that might disturb the picture a bit; how short is the short leg actually? Are we just talking shorter than the F leg, or an actually short flight
Intra-Asia (3h) vs TPAC, so definitely different.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: NH/AS/WN
Sorry for the confusion. If you call ANA, they can send a message to the airport of travel commencement re: the correct baggage allowance. Suggest you bring a copy of your online res indicating the 3-bag allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.