Search

Layover Time [2.5 hours at NRT]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Layover Time [2.5 hours at NRT]

Hey FT,

on SFO - NRT in F and connecting onwards to MNL in J with a 2.5 hour layover.

is this enough time to transit and catch a quick shower before my next flight in the first lounge?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Rumples
Hey FT,

on SFO - NRT in F and connecting onwards to MNL in J with a 2.5 hour layover.

is this enough time to transit and catch a quick shower before my next flight in the first lounge?
More than plenty. There is, depending on the wait time at the lounge, even time for a long shower.

Passengers arriving from the US does not have to go through transfer security at Narita. But even if you did that is pretty quick.

If your flight to Manila is on NH you can access the suite lounge

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Feb 17, 2020 at 11:16 pm
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
More than plenty. There is, depending on the wait time at the lounge even time for a long shower.

Passengers arriving from the US does not have to go through transfer security at Narita. But even if you did that is pretty quick.

Ah perfect, thank you! I am continuing on NH, so will do that!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:05 pm

I had a bit less than that ORD-NRT-SYD (F then J) and could NOT get a shower at NRT!! The waiting list was huge.... the one disappointment of the trip...
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:22 pm

Had about an hour and a half and got into the showers about 30 minutes in (5 people ahead of me while signing up). I was pleasantly impressed by the shower toiletries. Going in I thought they would be generic bath products but they have Kose Sekkesei facial products (wash, toner, lotion) and Thann shower products.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trooper
I had a bit less than that ORD-NRT-SYD (F then J) and could NOT get a shower at NRT!! The waiting list was huge.... the one disappointment of the trip...
Which lounge and which arriving flight? I would have thought NH11 is OK. I haven't had much problem getting into the shower before 15:00, but it does get busy after that. (Or at least it did; not sure about these days with the virus.)
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: Alaska
There is NRT-SYD?

i thought only HND-SYD for NH
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trooper
Originally Posted by freed0m
There is NRT-SYD?

Good point — I imagine it was ORD-HND-SYD, in fact? Less surprising about the shower, then, as the transfer is around 2100, and HND is pretty busy then, doesn't subside until about 2300.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by freed0m
There is NRT-SYD?

Indeed only Haneda. Maybe airport typo, or JAL.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:36 pm

Passengers arriving from the US does not have to go through transfer security at Narita.

When did this change? It's been a few years since I transited at NRT and always thought it was idiotic that I went right from a plane (presumably secure) through security before I could head to my connecting flight (or hopefully, the NRT lounge). That's good news.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfpaul900
Passengers arriving from the US does not have to go through transfer security at Narita.

When did this change? It's been a few years since I transited at NRT and always thought it was idiotic that I went right from a plane (presumably secure) through security before I could head to my connecting flight (or hopefully, the NRT lounge). That's good news.
It is has been lik that for a while now. There is a thread discussing this change. Maybe a year by now.

When a lot of US flights move to Haneda, this benefit will be more rare, as Haneda does not apply this process.

Funny enough, a couple of months before the test of this procedure started, Japan sent a formal complaint to the US, as the Japan transit security had some cases of guns in carry on of US passengers. Guns that the TSA had failed to spot. So you are right, passengers are only presumed secure.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Clarification, you have to be on business on your flight out, in economy it won't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.