Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hold on award tickets and 96 hour window

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Hold on award tickets and 96 hour window

Does ANA allow holds on award tickets? I've seen conflicting information online.

If they do, can the hold still be used within 96 hours of flight?

I saw that ANA allows award booking until 96 hours before first flight. I'm trying to book an award and have already initiated the points transfer from AMEX. I don't know if the miles will be there prior to the 96 hour deadline.

I'm about 8 hours from the deadline. Can I call and put the award on hold before the deadline, and then ticket it after the miles are there, even if it occurs after the deadline?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:37 am
Original Poster

A moot point now. Miles posted and ticket booked. AMEX to ANA transfer took 33 hours
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by HanBkk
A moot point now. Miles posted and ticket booked. AMEX to ANA transfer took 33 hours
ANA would hold a reservation if you have miles needed in your account.
You can book award ticket after T-96 by calling in.
HanBkk likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by ijakov
ANA would hold a reservation if you have miles needed in your account.
You can book award ticket after T-96 by calling in.
Seems pretty pointless, huh? Currently waiting on a MR transfer - rep said holding not possible.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:31 pm
BCH

Anyone have a recent data point? Thank you.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: HH, IHG
I had an award held last year, seems to be very YMMV on the agent you get.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Any other recent data points? Looking to transfer Amex and Marriott points to ANA to book an epic family trip with hard to get seats next month and the hold will be of great utility.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by beofotch
Any other recent data points? Looking to transfer Amex and Marriott points to ANA to book an epic family trip with hard to get seats next month and the hold will be of great utility.
Redditors reporting holds are no longer a thing. I just transfered from Marriott and it took a week.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wydam Diamond
Recent DP:
MR to ANA requested Wednesday noon available Friday morning
Tried to pay tax and fees with card but failed (tried 5 different cards) and called customer service (1hr wait) still didn't go through
If you failed your payment, it takes ANA roughly 2 hrs to release the award tickets back to the pool
Agent put a hold on the tickets because they might have payment system error and asked me to call again after 24hrs
So hold is still possible but waiting for points transfer might not be a valid excuse.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by Loading130293
Recent DP:
MR to ANA requested Wednesday noon available Friday morning
Tried to pay tax and fees with card but failed (tried 5 different cards) and called customer service (1hr wait) still didn't go through
If you failed your payment, it takes ANA roughly 2 hrs to release the award tickets back to the pool
Agent put a hold on the tickets because they might have payment system error and asked me to call again after 24hrs
So hold is still possible but waiting for points transfer might not be a valid excuse.
Agent I spoke to said I need the miles in the account to be able to place hold. I don't know if I should try another agent or not.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wydam Diamond
Originally Posted by opus2002
Agent I spoke to said I need the miles in the account to be able to place hold. I don't know if I should try another agent or not.
I think they don’t allow holding when you don’t have enough points. They only hold it for specials circumstances like the one I mentioned

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.