Search

ANA Premium Domestic Upgrade on Award Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
ANA Premium Domestic Upgrade on Award Ticket

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my domestic award tickets within Japan to ANA Premium Class.

Following this guide, the pictures don't match my accounts reservation page.

I called ANA US and they said there's no such thing and I should check at the airport.

At the airport the price is higher and we risk losing the seat.

How do we do this online?

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/domestic...vance-upgrade/

Notes:
Current Award Ticket Itinerary is IAH-NRT in F, NRT-ITM in Economy.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:33 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Have you tried calling the Japan reservations desk? They're more likely to be aware of this "promotion" (which isn't really a promotion as it's year round).
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:50 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by TennisNoob

Notes:
Current Award Ticket Itinerary is IAH-NRT in F, NRT-ITM in Economy.
That is a problem.

Your quoted page:
Eligible Fares
・Japan domestic flight fares (including award tickets and the AMC Companion Fare)
*Excluding domestic sectors on international flight tickets, open-ended tickets without a reservation, and the following fares:
(Group fares, inclusive tour discount fares)
So, if your NRT-ITM is a pure domestic award (i.e not part of international award flights), you can upgrade two days advance by accessing your ANA account page.
Upgrade becomes at 0:00AM JST, so you had better (have to) access the web at that time.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
That is a problem.

Your quoted page:
Thanks! So is buy up at check-in an option?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Thanks! So is buy up at check-in an option?
Yes.
You can ask at check in counter.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:04 am

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my domestic award tickets within Japan to ANA Premium Class.

Following this guide, the pictures don't match my accounts reservation page.
Are you by chance an ANA Mileage Club member?

”...All customers included in the reservation must be ANA Mileage Club members.”
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Yes.
You can ask at check in counter.
Thanks I’ll check next time as they told me there was only one seat left.

Would this have worked if I booked on the Japanese site of ana.co.jp? US agent hinted that it was booked on the US site.

Originally Posted by northsideguy
Are you by chance an ANA Mileage Club member?

”...All customers included in the reservation must be ANA Mileage Club members.”
Yes. Been doing it inside of AMC.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
If flying on a purely NH domestic award issued by another carrier (UA), does anyone know if it's possible to add my ANA Mileage Club number to the reservation to be able to purchase a Premium Class upgrade two days ahead of time? Or, am I limited to requesting the upgrade at the airport on a non-NH issued ticket?

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
If flying on a purely NH domestic award issued by another carrier (UA), does anyone know if it's possible to add my ANA Mileage Club number to the reservation to be able to purchase a Premium Class upgrade two days ahead of time? Or, am I limited to requesting the upgrade at the airport on a non-NH issued ticket?

-FlyerBeek
To answer my own question: it's not possible to add your ANA Mileage Club number and complete an advanced upgrade on a domestic ticket booked using UA miles. According to ANA, this is because despite being a domestic itinerary the UA booking is actually created as an international reservation. It's only possible to upgrade bookings that exist as domestic reservations ahead of time. Even though it's a domestic segment, there's no way to migrate the reservation from the international to domestic side in ANA's booking system. AFAIK, it's still possible to do a same-day airport upgrade on UA awards if seats remain (for ¥1000 more than the advanced upgrade cost),

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.