Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Airlines Does ANA Rebook On?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

What Airlines Does ANA Rebook On?

I am wondering if I miss my domestic ANA-operated connecting flight from NRT to NGO (if my inbound international flight is too late in arriving) if ANA will rebook me only on the next ANA-operated flight or the next flight regardless of airline. I am worried about missing the 18:25 flight and would much rather take the 21:25 Skymark flight that same night than the next earliest ANA-operated flight at 15:55 the next day.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nagoya172
I am wondering if I miss my domestic ANA-operated connecting flight from NRT to NGO (if my inbound international flight is too late in arriving) if ANA will rebook me only on the next ANA-operated flight or the next flight regardless of airline. I am worried about missing the 18:25 flight and would much rather take the 21:25 Skymark flight that same night than the next earliest ANA-operated flight at 15:55 the next day.
Since ANA owns 16.5% of Skymark and was heavily involved in getting the restructuring set in a way that excluded Delta, I would imagine that they would not be adverse to have a policy allowing for rebooking on Skymark.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

More details: I will be flying to Japan from Canada on AC 3 (Vancouver - Tokyo Narita) (flying Victoria - Vancouver first), connecting to AC 6239 (Tokyo Narita - Nagoya (ANA-operated)), and then back to Canada on the reverse itinerary. If on the outbound leg to Japan, the arrival of AC 3 into Tokyo Narita is too late for me to make my connecting flight to Nagoya, could I take the train from Tokyo Narita to Nagoya (and therefore not take the next available Tokyo Narita - Nagoya flight that I'm assuming I would be rebooked on (because it's the next day and would cause me to lose an entire day in Nagoya)) without the rest of my itinerary (ie. back to YYJ) being cancelled? It's more important for me to make it to Nagoya that same evening (even if I have to pay for the train myself (btw, would it be paid for me? Or would they only be obligated to pay for the next available FLIGHT?)) than have to overnight in Tokyo Narita and therefore miss an entire day in Nagoya (because the earliest next-day ANA-operated Tokyo Narita - Nagoya flight departs at 15:55).
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
What I tried to say in a convoluted way, ANA will probably rebook you on Skymark.

All things falling and there are no more flights the same day, just let the agent know that you prefer to take the train. They can manage that. They will not pay your train. But they will make sure that you are not a no show with the effects that might have on your booking. But make sure you tell them, don't just no show.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: NH/AS/WN
Technically, the airline that causes the misconnex, in your example AC, is responsible to rebook your connecting flight. Also ticket coupons must be used in sequence, so skipping NRTNGO may end up invalidating your AC tkt. Best to check with AC directly.
24left likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Best option is to rebook you onto a HND-ITM flight. That way you get to Osaka on the same day. There is a direct bus between NRT-HND. All you need to do is the carry your luggage.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know when the ANA domestic check-in counters at Tokyo Narita close for the day? If they (and also the domestic transfer baggage drop) are closed when I arrive, what should I do?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know when the ANA domestic check-in counters at Tokyo Narita close for the day? If they (and also the domestic transfer baggage drop) are closed when I arrive, what should I do?
It is a main hub for ANA, there will be staff in the terminal until it shuts down for the night. The domestic flights are in the same terminal building as the international, so even if the last donestic flight has left for the day, there are still ANA activities in the terminal.

If you have a connection, but is arriving too late to make it, NH will have staff at the arrival gate to help you.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Does anyone know when the ANA domestic check-in counters at Tokyo Narita close for the day?
Should be 7pm closure time, since the late domestic ANA flights are these ones.
19:10 NH3123 to Kanazawa Komatsu
19:05 NH3235 to Sendai
18:25 NH0495 to Chubu Nagoya
18:20 NH2159 to Naha Okinawa
18:05 NH2179 to Kansai Osaka

If they (and also the domestic transfer baggage drop) are closed when I arrive, what should I do?
If you are delayed on an inbound flight on one ticket, then ANA will be waiting for you at your international flight arrival date with either a hotel voucher and you will be rebooked into the next day flights out of NRT (or HND at your own domestic transfer cost),
or,
if a significant number of connecting pax are on your particular domestic flight and the delay is still recoverable, they may hold the domestic flight and hurry you through immigration (your checked in luggage will not make it and will be delivered to your domestic destination address the next day).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.