Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic adding checked luggage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Domestic adding checked luggage

I booked a domestic flight HND > CTS for later this month, but forgot to add the checked luggage at the time of booking and for some reason can't seem to add it online, perhaps this is a feature of domestic flights?

Firstly I assume the normal fare doesn't come with checked baggage?

If not, how do I add the luggage - can I do it at the time of online check-in? If so how early does this commence?

I assume if all else fails I'll need to do it at the airport, but assume like other airlines will be much more expensive to do this.

Hoping to add 3 checked bags and 1 ski/snowboard bag, split between two people (e.g. 2 bags each).

Also does anyone know the cost for checked bags both online if possible and at the airport?

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DG55
I booked a domestic flight HND > CTS for later this month, but forgot to add the checked luggage at the time of booking and for some reason can't seem to add it online, perhaps this is a feature of domestic flights?

Firstly I assume the normal fare doesn't come with checked baggage?

If not, how do I add the luggage - can I do it at the time of online check-in? If so how early does this commence?

I assume if all else fails I'll need to do it at the airport, but assume like other airlines will be much more expensive to do this.

Hoping to add 3 checked bags and 1 ski/snowboard bag, split between two people (e.g. 2 bags each).

Also does anyone know the cost for checked bags both online if possible and at the airport?

Thanks!
As far as I know all domestic fares include checked bags up to 20kg per person in Economy plus another piece up to 20kg if you are *G. Excess baggage fees may be found here: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/domestic...gage-free.html
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I’ve been looking on the website and that makes sense, it seems it includes 20kg and it confused me at first that it’s based on a weight model rather than number of bags. So seems I will most likely need to pay the excess fee.

Im still confused whether I can/need to do this online, I’m guessing it’s just done at the airport.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks. I’ve been looking on the website and that makes sense, it seems it includes 20kg and it confused me at first that it’s based on a weight model rather than number of bags. So seems I will most likely need to pay the excess fee.

Im still confused whether I can/need to do this online, I’m guessing it’s just done at the airport.
All Y fares include 20Kg of checked luggage. If you are *G you get another 20kg.

They are not penny pinchers on the 20kg limit, but you can be charged excess. You'll have to wait until the airport to manage that.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I don’t think there’s any way to d it online.

By the way you will find most Japanese people won’t be checking their ski/snowboard bags when flying to Hokkaido for skiing as sending them by Takkyū-bin (or Takuhai-bin) is often cheaper and definitely more convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.