Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to book YZF-YVR-HND, TPE-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Unable to book YZF-YVR-HND, TPE-YYZ

I'm looking to book YZF-YVR (stopover) - HND, TPE-YYZ with ANA miles in J. According to my research it should be an admissible itinerary and cost 92.5K miles. However, I'm getting "This service is not available for the specified itinerary. Please amend the flight criteria and try again." whenever I try to book the flight. Sample dates are 10/22, 12/16 and 12/17. What is the issue with the itinerary? The problem disappears if I change the origin airport from YZF to YYC or YEG. Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Vyvd
I'm looking to book YZF-YVR (stopover) - HND, TPE-YYZ with ANA miles in J. According to my research it should be an admissible itinerary and cost 92.5K miles. However, I'm getting "This service is not available for the specified itinerary. Please amend the flight criteria and try again." whenever I try to book the flight. Sample dates are 10/22, 12/16 and 12/17. What is the issue with the itinerary? The problem disappears if I change the origin airport from YZF to YYC or YEG. Thanks.
It might be the Air Canada Express operated AC88XX flights that NH does not recognise as proper Air Canada flights, and thus can't book?
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It might be the Air Canada Express operated AC88XX flights that NH does not recognise as proper Air Canada flights, and thus can't book?
At least, simple YZF-YVR-YZF is quoted as 30000miles + 3950JPY.
Then, prompts passenger names and so on.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
At least, simple YZF-YVR-YZF is quoted as 30000miles + 3950JPY.
Then, prompts passenger names and so on.
Other issue then....
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:42 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Maybe it's the double open jaw that's the issue? I have no idea if that's permitted, but the thought crossed my mind...
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Maybe it's the double open jaw that's the issue? I have no idea if that's permitted, but the thought crossed my mind...
Double open jaw is permitted. I thought the problem might be that going YZF-YVR-HND is backtracking (YZF-HND is closer than YVR-HND), but I couldn't find a rule against that. I'll try to call in to book the ticket in a few days if it's clear the itinerary should be valid.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Vyvd
Double open jaw is permitted. I thought the problem might be that going YZF-YVR-HND is backtracking (YZF-HND is closer than YVR-HND), but I couldn't find a rule against that. I'll try to call in to book the ticket in a few days if it's clear the itinerary should be valid.
SFO-EWR//JFK-NRT//HND-ORD can be booked at 55000miles+29850JPY, So there is no backtracking issue, IMHO.

Maybe AC express status as a star alliance partner is a problem.
Some ANA's non-star alliance partner award is bookable as a separate pure partner award, and not combinable.
Vyvd likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
SFO-EWR//JFK-NRT//HND-ORD can be booked at 55000miles+29850JPY, So there is no backtracking issue, IMHO.

Maybe AC express status as a star alliance partner is a problem.
Some ANA's non-star alliance partner award is bookable as a separate pure partner award, and not combinable.
The flights are marked as Air Canada Express/Jazz in Google Flights, so I do still kind of suspect that ANA don't see them as proper Air Canada and Star Alliance flights for that reason.

Though being bookable standalone does kind of shoot that theory down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.