Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA new destinations and Haneda services starting in S20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:45 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Rebooked from NRT to HND

Friend of mine booked LAX-NRT RT several months ago for April 2020 and just noticed that they've been rebooked onto the new HND flight which gets into Tokyo later in the evening.

Is NH offering a waiver to change to a different flight?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mr8
Friend of mine booked LAX-NRT RT several months ago for April 2020 and just noticed that they've been rebooked onto the new HND flight which gets into Tokyo later in the evening.

There is a massive change of flights from Narita to Haneda happening at the end of March (the start of the summer schedule) Most likely your friend has not been rebooked, but the flights has been moved from Narita to Haneda.. If your friend has connecting flights, NH will rebook and adjust the schedule. With no connecting flights on the itinerary the options are probably very limited.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 30, 2019 at 4:51 am
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by mr8
There is a whole thread for the HND expansion and flights changing airports.

No, ANA isn’t issuing waivers. They slide your flight to HND on the same day departure.
if you end up with an onward NRT flight (on the same ticket), call NH for options to get onto the NRT flights (via other NA ANA destination cities).
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:22 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
... Most likely your friend has not been rebooked, but the flights has been moved from Narita to Haneda.. If your friend has connecting flights, NH will rebook and adjust the schedule. With no connecting flights on the itinerary the options are probably very limited.
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
No, ANA isn’t issuing waivers. They slide your flight to HND on the same day departure.
if you end up with an onward NRT flight (on the same ticket), call NH for options to get onto the NRT flights (via other NA ANA destination cities).
No onward connections, but I believe the flight number and departure/arrival times have changed. Both flights are a couple of hours later now.

Seems like NH does offer a change fee waiver for this sort of situation:
https://atpa.fly-ana.com/travel-reso...iver-guideline
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mr8
No onward connections, but I believe the flight number and departure/arrival times have changed. Both flights are a couple of hours later now.

Seems like NH does offer a change fee waiver for this sort of situation:
https://atpa.fly-ana.com/travel-reso...iver-guideline
The rules could seem to apply. I don't know if these are something that is specifically required for North America and Mexico? As they are limited to that geography. You may struggle to find options that fulfil the last requirement depending on how good a deal you got when booking. And does the ticket meet the first TA criteria?
  • Totally unused ANA (NH 205) ticket issued by travel agency (*1).
  • The ticket reissuance caused by airlines “Planned schedule change” (*2).
  • Except group booking passengers.
  • Travel agent can only change the flight to the SAME CARRIER, SAME SECTOR and SAME BOOKING CLASS only
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Man, SFO-HND supposed to be announced in 2019 and it's already 2020, I can't believe ANA is a year late!

In all seriousness I hope we get news on this route soon because it'll be interesting whether the departure and arrival times are similar to SFO-NRT or not. Based on their other US flights I expect SFO-HND to be slotted later but who knows.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
IST-HND has the same situation. They announced that the details would be announced mid-December and it's almost the 2nd week of January.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
IST-HND has the same situation. They announced that the details would be announced mid-December and it's almost the 2nd week of January.
That goes from HND ARN as well. I wonder if the number of new flights are stretching the fleet too much.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That goes from HND ARN as well. I wonder if the number of new flights are stretching the fleet too much.
Maybe we should expect this to be postponed indefinitely? Not sure what to think about this but I get the feeling this was a bit too good to be true...
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fannys
Maybe we should expect this to be postponed indefinitely? Not sure what to think about this but I get the feeling this was a bit too good to be true...
I know Scandinavian Airlines have been lobbying very long to get the CPH HND route again. So for reciprocity it seems ANA got ARN,but maybe they are not too keen on it. Let's see.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:19 am
Original Poster

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rk-expansions/
ANA this week filed flight schedules for its planned service expansion at Tokyo Haneda, for flights to Europe and Australia. Following new routes, previously announced by the airline in November 2019, is filed in the GDS under Flight Information. Reservation will open in the next few weeks.

Tokyo Haneda – Istanbul eff 06JUL20 1 daily 184-seater 787-8
NH219 HND0835 – 1415IST 788 D
NH220 IST1650 – 1025+1HND 788 D

Tokyo Haneda – Milan Malpensa eff 20APR20 3 weekly 215-seater 787-9 (1 daily from 10JUL20)
NH207 HND0055 – 0620MXP 789 146
NH208 MXP1210 – 0700+1HND 789 146

ANA previously operated Milan, the Host City of World Routes 2020, until October 1998, when it operated Osaka Kansai – Milan Malpensa – Rome and Osaka Kansai – Frankfurt – Milan Malpensa.

Tokyo Haneda – Moscow Domodedovo eff 01JUL20 1 daily 767-300ER
NH213 HND0840 – 1310DME 763 D
NH214 DME1505 – 0710+1HND 763 D

ANA previously operated service to Moscow Sheremetyevo until October 2000, with 1 weekly Osaka Kansai – Moscow Sheremetyevo – London Heathrow – Osaka Kansai. Tokyo operation scheduled until April 1997 with 1 weekly Tokyo Narita – Moscow Sheremetyevo – Paris CDG – Tokyo Narita.

Tokyo Haneda – Stockholm Arlanda eff 06JUN20 3 weekly 184-seater 787-8 (1 daily from 21JUL20)
NH221 HND0940 – 1300ARN 788 146
NH222 ARN1420 – 0710+1HND 788 146

Tokyo Haneda – Sydney eff 29MAR20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily, new NH889/890 operated by 246-seater 787-9 (Schedule below from 05APR20)
NH889 HND0845 – 1910SYD 789 D
NH879 HND2230 – 0855+1SYD 789 D

NH890 SYD1200 – 2030HND 789 D
NH880 SYD2055 – 0530+1HND 789 D

ANA has yet to release information on its planned Tokyo Haneda – Qingdao, Tokyo Haneda – San Francisco and Tokyo Haneda – Shenzhen route. The airline is expected to release additional information as early as next week.
Tokyoite and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Why is Moscow a 767?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Philipp Morgenstern
Why is Moscow a 767?
They don't expect that much traffic? With no Star Alliance connections, JAL partnered with SU, S7 flying from DME, the domestic connections for NH are quite limited.

But a quite long cradle seat flight.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

I’m also sceptical of the Tokyo-Stockholm route, Stockholm struggles to make Long haul work as seen with SQ unwilling to cut the DME stopover and China eastern suspending flights to ARN between Janruary15-June15. ANA May survive on the Stockholm route Daily during the peak summer months but other than that I think this route will struggle for the rest of the year.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Philipp Morgenstern
I’m also sceptical of the Tokyo-Stockholm route, Stockholm struggles to make Long haul work as seen with SQ unwilling to cut the DME stopover and China eastern suspending flights to ARN between Janruary15-June15. ANA May survive on the Stockholm route Daily during the peak summer months but other than that I think this route will struggle for the rest of the year.
In the Scandinavian Airlines forum, there is always an outrage when it is indicated that long haul from ARN is not viable. Though the statistics are not that much in favour of ARN long haul.

There is quite a significant Scandinavia Japan market, in which Scandinavian Airlines have been doing very well. I'd be surprised if not a fair amount of especially the Swedish traffic will jump to ANA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.