Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA new destinations and Haneda services starting in S20

ANA new destinations and Haneda services starting in S20

Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This is obvious, I was talking about connections from HND to China, Southeastern Asia, Hawaii, and Oceania.
On the Europe-Japan routes, Japanese carriers mostly focus on O&D traffic. Japan is too much of detour for Europe-China, south east Asia traffic. Maybe connections to Sydney are possible with NH from Haneda.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:01 am

I have a booked trip next summer on ANA that is on one of the routes being shifted from NRT to HND. However, Tokyo is not our final destination, is it only a transit leg in both directions.

For the outbound direction, the change to HND means that our current connection (also on ANA) out of NRT would not be possible anymore and there really isn't a comparable flight out of HND right now to change to (on ANA).

I assume at some point I will get a change notification. I was wondering what others experience has been with ANA and how flexible they are about allowing you to alter your plans when they have a significant change like this.

Specifically, I may look to change our outbound destination and keep the return path all the same. Also the booking is in business if that makes any difference.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Finally, ANA is starting flights to Istanbul and I'm very excited to try them for the first time.
With TK starting the same route next year, there is a sudden massive increase in the IST-HND route. This is good for me as my wife pretty much refuses to use NRT anymore, so we were stuck with the low number of carriers using HND. It would be great to make a return trip with 1 leg on TK and 1 on NH.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by djsinc
I have a booked trip next summer on ANA that is on one of the routes being shifted from NRT to HND. However, Tokyo is not our final destination, is it only a transit leg in both directions.

For the outbound direction, the change to HND means that our current connection (also on ANA) out of NRT would not be possible anymore and there really isn't a comparable flight out of HND right now to change to (on ANA).

I assume at some point I will get a change notification. I was wondering what others experience has been with ANA and how flexible they are about allowing you to alter your plans when they have a significant change like this.

Specifically, I may look to change our outbound destination and keep the return path all the same. Also the booking is in business if that makes any difference.
So far the changes have not been loaded to the system. I don't know when that happens. JAL published dates for when each route is available for sale, I have not seen if ANA did the same. But the available for sale date is the point at which you can start getting your ticket changed. But expect a bit of processing time, there will be a lot of changes to process.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
With TK starting the same route next year, there is a sudden massive increase in the IST-HND route. This is good for me as my wife pretty much refuses to use NRT anymore, so we were stuck with the low number of carriers using HND. It would be great to make a return trip with 1 leg on TK and 1 on NH.
Will TK and NH codeshare on that Route?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Philipp Morgenstern
Will TK and NH codeshare on that Route?
Not that I know of, but I'm not that knowledgeable, so it might be happening!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
So far the changes have not been loaded to the system. I don't know when that happens. JAL published dates for when each route is available for sale, I have not seen if ANA did the same. But the available for sale date is the point at which you can start getting your ticket changed. But expect a bit of processing time, there will be a lot of changes to process.

I read on their website a reference to "mid-December" for when the tickets go on sale.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Just out of interest on aircraft utilization: If if the Stockholm route is daily, Can Tokyo-Stockholm be done with just one aircraft frame.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Philipp Morgenstern
Just out of interest on aircraft utilization: If if the Stockholm route is daily, Can Tokyo-Stockholm be done with just one aircraft frame.
I don't think so. Scandinavian Airlines use 25 hours for a turn from Copenhagen to Narita, but they have a relatively short ground time in Tokyo. Stockholm is shorter, they may get it down to 24 block hours. But they need it down to about 22 to be able to do it with one frame.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, IHG Spire Elite
I've been waiting 5 years for SJC to HND finally! I will miss NRT though deep down, and it will always have a place in my heart
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by synergypi
Even better, a new SFO=HND flight and SJC=NRT moves to HND!
Woohoo! Finally!!!

But is SFO summer only then for certain?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by djsinc
I'm on the phone with ANA at present, and it's somewhat concerning - the agents have no clue what is happening to the existing bookings on the shifted routes as of today. I'm booked IAD-NRT (NH1) in April 2020, and they're not clear on how or when my booking would get transferred to the IAD-HND route that is replacing it (NH101). Press release says that the bookings on this route start 11/28/19.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc3p9814
I'm on the phone with ANA at present, and it's somewhat concerning - the agents have no clue what is happening to the existing bookings on the shifted routes as of today. I'm booked IAD-NRT (NH1) in April 2020, and they're not clear on how or when my booking would get transferred to the IAD-HND route that is replacing it (NH101). Press release says that the bookings on this route start 11/28/19.
Then wait until the 28th to call. Then all will be ready for the agents to handle it. But basically, I expect you will just be moved with the flight to Haneda. Do you have a conncetion from Narita?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:50 am

I was booked on NH176, which is the 4:05 p.m. departure from NRT to LAX and ANA.com now shows me booked on NH126 from HND at 9:05 p.m.

I am a little surprised they didn’t just put me on the 5:00 p.m. NRT departure since my trip is so far away and seats on the 5:00 p.m. are wide open. I guess they just mapped everything over 1 for 1. I’m not delighted about the much later departure and suspect I could get on that 5:00 p.m. but I booked using Virgin Atlantic miles and who knows how complicated getting a partner change like that would be.

i will probably just extend my stay in Tokyo, though may need a day room now.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkar
I was booked on NH176, which is the 4:05 p.m. departure from NRT to LAX and ANA.com now shows me booked on NH126 from HND at 9:05 p.m.

I am a little surprised they didnt just put me on the 5:00 p.m. NRT departure since my trip is so far away and seats on the 5:00 p.m. are wide open. I guess they just mapped everything over 1 for 1. Im not delighted about the much later departure and suspect I could get on that 5:00 p.m. but I booked using Virgin Atlantic miles and who knows how complicated getting a partner change like that would be.

i will probably just extend my stay in Tokyo, though may need a day room now.
Since 176 is the one being suspended in favour of the Haneda flight, you have just been moved. As your changes has to be handled through VA as they hold the ticket at the moment, they are probably limited in options unless award space opens on the 5pm Narita flight. You are probably out of luck on this one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.