ANA Mileage Upgrade Awards

Old Nov 5, 19, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
ANA Mileage Upgrade Awards

Hello! I'm sure there must be a thread about this already but cannot seem to find anything recent. I recently got the AMEX Platinum (100k points) which allows transferring points to ANA (1:1 usually), and was curious what the usage experience was with ANA mileage upgrade awards (https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/refe...ade/usage.html), in particular going from the premium eco/eco to business. I can usually book premium eco for work (potentially in the more expensive fare classes) but was curious if there was any evidence (anecdotal or otherwise) with regards to availability? Does it just track with normal mileage award availability or is it more general than that? I usually fly from TYO to NYC or SFO.
Old Nov 10, 19, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
If you are an ANA elite, then you have a better chance of upgrades.
Upgrades generally track normal award availability, but the two are not exactly the same (no award availability doesn't mean no upgrade availability).
You roll your dice and waitlist, and hope the upgrade clears before your flight.
You should check this thread and ask there (or mods merge your question into this thread). ANA waitlist - does it clear?

Search this Thread