Award availability in F

Old Sep 14, 20, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Because LF hasn't been paying its partners for award ticktes so ANA would have no reason to honor an award F booking if LF won't pay them.
Is there a published news source for this? Because, honestly why would anyone let them have access if they weren’t paying.

I see NH, and OZ still offering premium seating on Lifemiles awards.
Old Sep 15, 20, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
Is there a published news source for this? Because, honestly why would anyone let them have access if they weren’t paying.

I see NH, and OZ still offering premium seating on Lifemiles awards.
News source as in Points Guy and One Gossip at a Time? They aren't going to warn people about this because they make more money promoting Lifemiles...

TK isn't giving LF any awards and no, it isn't an IT glitch as LF has falsely claimed. If they continue not paying their partners, it is possible that NH and OZ will stop giving them award space. Things are pretty scary right now, especially after a court blocked the financial assistance Avianca was supposed to get and if Avianca doesn't make it, I doubt Star Alliance partners are going to give any awards to LF without Avianca in the picture.
Old Sep 16, 20, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by hkcj View Post
Has anyone experienced ANA opening more seats once one is booked? E.g. if I book TYO-ORD now, what is the chance they add a second seat?
So I don't have personal experience with this but the general consensus seems the be that if they release an additional seat it will be close in (2-4 weeks).

I'm currently trying to get a third ticket for a family trip. I was able to book two in J returning in F and then one in F returning in J shifted by one day. (In case you are not familiar, it is super easy to change the date online if another seat becomes available.) My hope is that since 2 J seats and 1 F seat were released on the first flight they will release 1 more F seat close in. And similarly the return flight released two F seats and only one J.
Old Sep 16, 20, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove View Post
There is no guarantee that a cancelled award ticket will be again bookable as an award bcs it depends how the flight is booked at that time.
I totally get that, part of why its a long shot is that I hope it will return to availability. If the person happens to see this post, and if the seat returns to award availability.

I changed the dates on a ticket I got and those seats became available again immediately. So its possible!
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:30 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Because LF hasn't been paying its partners for award ticktes so ANA would have no reason to honor an award F booking if LF won't pay them.
Exactly which airline is LF?

Whoever heard of LF airline????
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by roberto99 View Post
Exactly which airline is LF?

Whoever heard of LF airline????
I was confused at first, as well, but am fairly certain they are referencing Lifemiles.
Old Sep 17, 20, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
I was confused at first, as well, but am fairly certain they are referencing Lifemiles.
Correct. When I wrote LF, I meant Lifemiles
Old Sep 20, 20, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AbigailG View Post
So I don't have personal experience with this but the general consensus seems the be that if they release an additional seat it will be close in (2-4 weeks).

I'm currently trying to get a third ticket for a family trip. I was able to book two in J returning in F and then one in F returning in J shifted by one day. (In case you are not familiar, it is super easy to change the date online if another seat becomes available.) My hope is that since 2 J seats and 1 F seat were released on the first flight they will release 1 more F seat close in. And similarly the return flight released two F seats and only one J.
In my case I was able to get another Star Alliance flight from Tokyo anyway, so not a big deal. Fingers crossed that they'll open 2 J seats on the non-stop though.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: