Cancel/No-show second half of reservation

Old Sep 15, 19, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VIPorter First, AC E50, Accor Platinum, SPG Ambassador
Cancel/No-show second half of reservation

Hi all,

I am flying SEA-NRT, then HND-YYZ (on an AC codeshare), all booked through my employer on ANA. Fare class on the inbound is B.

I will be taking the outbound for certain, though may need to miss the inbound, as I may have family stuff to attend to in HK (which I'll book on a separate record).

Am wondering whether there will be any consequences for cancelling the second half of this ANA round trip after I take the outbound. How much of a cancellation charge can I expect? Would there be a no-show fee if I just didn't show up?

I'm not concerned about recovering any money, as my employer has already paid the fare, but I just want to ensure there are no extra fees I'll have to pay (e.g. a refare).

Thank you!
Old Sep 15, 19, 6:10 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
B is a pretty flexible booking class, so I doubt there will be any cancellation charges. But when calculating the refund, they may price the outbound as a oneway, which may cause that part to carry most of the fare, leaving little for a refund.

But it all depends on your specific conditions. Your corporate TA should be a LÍ to look those up in the system.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Sep 15, 19 at 8:48 pm
Old Sep 15, 19, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
check with your company travel agents, since any fee assessment will go back to your company.
Old Sep 17, 19, 5:42 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR
Fees? Let me see if I understand you right. You fly the first leg(s) and simply donít fly the rest of the leg(s) back? Do you expect to get money back? If not, sleep well, you certainly wonít be charged any extra. It may be news to some, but an airline or any company cannot charge your credit card without your permission. If you expect to be able to get a refund on the unused segments, then you very well may get A. No refund or B. A refund minus a fee. How about you call ANA our your agent and just ask them?

Search this Thread