Cannot book 4 leg trip on ANA Award

Old Sep 13, 19, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Question Cannot book 4 leg trip on ANA Award

Hi all,

So, I’m trying to book this trip-of-a-lifetime with my soon to be high school graduate. Looking at July-Aug 20 on business class.
Desired route is
JFK-ICN
ICN-TYO
TYO-SIN
SIN-JFK

As per ANA web site and discussions here, I should be able to book up to 8 legs? As I navigate through the search, I pick all the available options, no problem there, but when I get to the last page, I get the dreaded error “This service is not available for the specified itinerary. Please amend the flight criteria and try again”.
Any insights on why and how I should be able to book this itinerary? Seats are clearly available. Perhaps only by calling the ANA desk?

When I go through my other route option of
JFK-TYO
TYO-SIN
SIN-JFK
there’s no problem and everything works fine. The flight JFK-TYO is on OZ and stops over at ICN. I would like to spend few days in Seoul.

Your insights are highly appreciated!

Thank you!
mirkaa

Last edited by mirkaa; Sep 13, 19 at 8:40 am
Old Sep 13, 19, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If ANA awards allow one stopover in each direction (versus one stopover on a RT ticket), are you using Tokyo as the destination? Alternatively, is the stopover only permitted at a hub like Tokyo? You could try experimenting with whether changing the order of the three stops in Asia makes a difference, in which case you would probably go through Tokyo a second (or first) time as a connection only.
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:45 am

Only one stopover is allowed; you're trying for two (ICN & TYO).

For this itin, with ANA, I'd book:
JFK-ICN
TYO-SIN
SIN-JFK

And separately book a flight from Seoul to Tokyo.
MSPeconomist, Tokyoite and mirkaa like this.
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
you ask for 2 stop overs on your way to Singapore (SIN is the destination, as per ANA rules). This is not allowed.
JFK-ICN(stop)-TYO(stop)-SIN
SIN-JFK

JFK-ICN(stop)-SIN
SIN-TYO(stop)-JFK would work. (one stop over in each direction)

Or, as suggested above,
JFK-ICN(open jaw)-TYO-SIN
SIN-JFK would work. (one open jaw in the itinerary)

Study up the T&Cs.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe.../int/zone.html
Old Sep 14, 19, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Are you trying to do a >24 hour stop in both SIN and ICN? That might be the problem, if so. We have USA-YYZ-TYO and KIX-PEK (multi-day stay) -YYZ-USA. ANA will actually allow two connections if destination is Japan. Are you booking different class of service for any of the legs? That will not ticket online but will on the phone.
Old Sep 14, 19, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Talking It Worked!

Thank you, everybody, for all the suggestions! But mostly to FlyingChuck!

All booked and very happy. It worked! The strange thing is, I tried this option a while back, and it did not let me do it for whatever strange reason, so I concluded it's not allowed as well. This time is worked.

Booked all Business (I)
JFK-ICN on OZ
TYO-SIN on NH (Air Japan)
SIN-JFK on SQ and BR via TPE. Happy to be sampling on these two airlines as well.
Total of 272 000 miles and $611 taxes and fees for 2 tickets.

Then separately via Delta skymiles in Economy -
GMP-HND one way on KE for 15 000 miles and $47 taxes and fees for 2 tickets.

All in July. I think I did pretty well.
So far, I have not seen airline offering this amount of miles for this type of itinerary/class other than ANA! I read a lot about UA here. For this itinerary they asked for over 600k per ticket! Crazy.

Other, maybe obvious conclusion to all here, is that airlines release to 2 seats max in business. It was a miracle to get these for the dates I needed. I checked back after booking - no more seats left.

And unrelated question - why there are 8 rows in ANA search engine if they allow only one stopover?

Thank you again! All the best!

mirkaa
Old Sep 14, 19, 5:53 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
Are you booking different class of service for any of the legs? That will not ticket online but will on the phone.
Not all mixed class award can't be booked by ANA web site.
See T&C
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/news...i_tokuten.html

Itineraries or airlines that cannot be applied on ANA Website

Some itineraries with multiple classes

Search this Thread