Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment change email

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Equipment change email

We have reservations in Premium Economy on NH 177 (SEA to NRT) in November, booked directly with ANA. We have selected seats (window and aisle) in Row 15.

This morning I received an email advising that "the aircraft or operating airline for your reserved flight has changed", and I should go into our booking to confirm our seats.

I thought maybe they were swapping the 788 for a different aircraft, maybe a 777. But when I went into our booking, it appears that we still have the same seats, on the same aircraft (788). Does anyone know what Might have triggered the email? Are they swapping one type of 788 for another? I see on Seatguru that there is a new configuration (788-10) that has row 15 marked as "undesirable" due to proximity to the lava. While on a 788-8, it is row 17 that is marked "undesirable", which why I chose Row 15. ( Plus we won't have anyone reclining their seats into our laps).

Any insight appreciated!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There are two configurations for the 788 ... one with 14 PE seats and one with 21. It's possible that's what changed, however, your seats did not change. One aircraft has rows 15-16 and the other 15-16-17. I also received a schedule change for a NRT-BKK leg where we went from a NH 789 with 21 PE seats to a NQ 789 with 14... however, since we were originally booked in rows 15/16 our seat assignments did not change.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Thank you, That is helpful. We are now on a plane with just the two rows, 15 and 16. I don't remember if PE was two rows or 3 when I booked last February, but it appears we are still in the same seats, so it's good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.