Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Partner Award flight changed to 15 min- connection - what are my options?

Old Aug 10, 19, 10:12 pm
BCH
Original Poster

I had booked an ANA partner award flight (on TAP) that had a 2.5 hour connection in Lisbon. Now, because of flight changes, my connection is just 15 minutes.

At the moment, I see no other award availability for that same date. Am I just out of luck? Or is there anything I can do?

Do the EU passenger rights rules apply to offer any solutions?

And am I right that I should call ANA first rather than the operating carrier (TAP)?

Thank you for any tips.
Old Aug 11, 19, 2:16 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
These situations are always tricky, rebooking of partner awards in advance. ANA can't rebook you to flights without award availability, and they can't force TAP to open additobal availability. Most likely they will offer you a refund.

Until the day of departure, ANA has to manage the rebooking, on the day of departure it falls on TAP, and they can put you on other flights, even flights without award availability in case of a misconnect.

There are no other airlines or routings that could be useful, maybe another airport close by that could allow you to get close to where you want to go?
BCH likes this.
Old Aug 11, 19, 7:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
What is your routing?
Old Aug 11, 19, 10:41 am
BCH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
What is your routing?
Our routing is ORD-LIS-ORY. I wonder if I am better off leaving the itinerary as is and then dealing with it on the day of departure. I'm just nervous that if the other options are full, then we'll be out of luck.
Old Aug 11, 19, 10:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Did you check availability to other area airports CDG?

which airline(s) are you flying on?

search for other ways to get from Chicago to Paris (United direct) instead of just looking at the connection

class and day of travel might help the experts (aka not me) help find you options on expert flyer or such
BCH likes this.

Last edited by blitzen; Aug 11, 19 at 11:10 am
Old Aug 11, 19, 11:18 am
BCH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Did you check availability to other area airports CDG?

which airline(s) are you flying on?

search for other ways to get from Chicago to Paris (United direct) instead of just looking at the connection

class and day of travel might help the experts (aka not me) help find you options on expert flyer or such
Yep, I spent about 2 hours trying to find every possible routing, but to no avail.

We're booked on TAP in Biz.
Old Aug 18, 19, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by BCH View Post
Yep, I spent about 2 hours trying to find every possible routing, but to no avail.

We're booked on TAP in Biz.
What date is your ORD-LIS-ORY flight?
experts in this forum can help you search for creative one-stop routes to get to Paris. Since you need to go to CDG rather than ORY, it will be a free cancel (you still lose the EUR 20 booking fee already paid) and then a new booking.

Off the top of my head (to CDG);
SAS via CPH or ARN
United via LHR/FRA,
United via IAD/EWR/SFO or direct
LOT via WAW
LH via FRA/MUC
Old Aug 18, 19, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For some EC261 protections, it can matter whether the schedule change is announced (to you???) within two weeks or departure or not.
Old Aug 20, 19, 8:37 am
BCH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
What date is your ORD-LIS-ORY flight?
experts in this forum can help you search for creative one-stop routes to get to Paris. Since you need to go to CDG rather than ORY, it will be a free cancel (you still lose the EUR 20 booking fee already paid) and then a new booking.

Off the top of my head (to CDG);
SAS via CPH or ARN
United via LHR/FRA,
United via IAD/EWR/SFO or direct
LOT via WAW
LH via FRA/MUC
Thanks! We are scheduled to fly on Dec 21, but can also leave the day before if needed.
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:40 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA EXP, A3*G, UA *G, LH FTL, CCarlson Gold, HH Gold
If you already have the ORD-LIS segment confirmed, several LIS-ORY flights on Dec 22 have I (business award) availability for 2 passengers, according to ExpertFlyer, so ANA should be easily able to move you to TP442 leaving at 11 am if you call them.
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:25 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxymore View Post
If you already have the ORD-LIS segment confirmed, several LIS-ORY flights on Dec 22 have I (business award) availability for 2 passengers, according to ExpertFlyer, so ANA should be easily able to move you to TP442 leaving at 11 am if you call them.
Thanks for looking into it. I tried. The agent took forever and tried consulting her colleagues only to say that she couldn't see it. I didn't have the time (the first call took about 40 mins) to hang up and call again.

I'm also actively looking for other award options on 12/21 or a day in each direction.

Thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 22, 19, 7:31 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA EXP, A3*G, UA *G, LH FTL, CCarlson Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BCH View Post
Thanks for looking into it. I tried. The agent took forever and tried consulting her colleagues only to say that she couldn't see it. I didn't have the time (the first call took about 40 mins) to hang up and call again.

I'm also actively looking for other award options on 12/21 or a day in each direction.

Thanks again for your help.
So sorry about that, it's a pain when it happens. United and Expertflyer can see it, so it's most likely there. Were they trying to rebook the whole ORD-LIS-ORY, or just LIS-ORY? ORD-LIS is certainly not there (so that one should not be changed), that's for sure, but there are plenty of LIS-ORY options (you could take a later flight and explore Lisbon, it's lovely!), or even LIS-OPO-ORY.
Otherwise, and I know it's not ideal, there is availability on Swiss at 2:25 pm on Dec 22, via ZRH to CDG (LX2085 connecting to LX644).

Search this Thread