Safe to check bags? (connecting to TG)

Old Aug 2, 19, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Safe to check bags? (connecting to TG)

What's everyone's advice when it comes to checking bags? I will be flying IAH-NRT-BKK-HKT (with an overnight stay in BKK so we will have to claim our bags and re-check in the morning) and returning HKT-BKK-NRT-IAH? I am not so worried about the ANA portion of the trip but the part where the bags need to connect from TG to NH in BKK.
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:56 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post
What's everyone's advice when it comes to checking bags? I will be flying IAH-NRT-BKK-HKT (with an overnight stay in BKK so we will have to claim our bags and re-check in the morning) and returning HKT-BKK-NRT-IAH? I am not so worried about the ANA portion of the trip but the part where the bags need to connect from TG to NH in BKK.
Of course it is safe to check bags through BKK. TG has a pretty efficient operations in terms of luggage, I have been through the new BKK airport on quite short connections, and never arrived without my bags.

Are you worried about short connection time?
Old Aug 3, 19, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Of course it is safe to check bags through BKK. TG has a pretty efficient operations in terms of luggage, I have been through the new BKK airport on quite short connections, and never arrived without my bags.

Are you worried about short connection time?
Not worried about short connection, just the fact that they will connect TG-NH without problems. I don't dare check a bag on a domestic connection in the US, just wasn't sure how effective the bag transfers are at BKK going from one airline to the next. Thanks.

Search this Thread