Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Roundtrip with miles in First > Domestic Economy > any way to upgrade

Old Jul 18, 19, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Hi,

I booked a New York > Tokyo and Osaka > Tokyo > New York with miles. Very nice of ANA to add the ITM to Narita leg to us for free, but only economy .... not a big deal but I like lounge access etc. so id there any way of upgrading the ticket? A far as i found out it isn't possible in advance but x days before they start to sell you upgrades for a fixed price (think was around 10k yen?).

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 19, 6:10 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Hi,

I booked a New York > Tokyo and Osaka > Tokyo > New York with miles. Very nice of ANA to add the ITM to Narita leg to us for free, but only economy .... not a big deal but I like lounge access etc. so id there any way of upgrading the ticket? A far as i found out it isn't possible in advance but x days before they start to sell you upgrades for a fixed price (think was around 10k yen?).

Thanks
Domestic award tickets are always in Y. On the day of departure, if any premium seats are left, you can buy an upgrade to premium class. If you are Star Alliance gold member, you will get lounge access based on that.
blitzen likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 10:09 pm

You can upgrade on the day of departure @10000yen and you can claim tax free because connecting international flight within 24 hours.
Also you can access domestic lounge just show your first class ticket.
They have special rule that if you have international first/business class ticket connecting to domestic , you can access lounge without any status.
blitzen likes this.
Old Jul 19, 19, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by koakun View Post
You can upgrade on the day of departure @10000yen and you can claim tax free because connecting international flight within 24 hours.
Also you can access domestic lounge just show your first class ticket.
They have special rule that if you have international first/business class ticket connecting to domestic , you can access lounge without any status.
but that rule only works international > domestic (not the other way around)?
Old Jul 19, 19, 6:20 pm

no,both way mate.
Just show your connecting international ticket at the reception on your way back.

Search this Thread