FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   ANA flight check-in (UA codeshare) at LAX, arriving on separate DL flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1978399-ana-flight-check-ua-codeshare-lax-arriving-separate-dl-flight.html)

CHK897 Jul 16, 2019 12:54 am

ANA flight check-in (UA codeshare) at LAX, arriving on separate DL flight

Hello. I'll be flying UA7945 then NH807 both operated by ANA (LAX-NRT-BKK) I bought it from United.com under 016 stock. Previously, I'll take Delta flight to make a connection in LAX (from Denver) totally 1.50 hrs. It's kind of tight and OLCI would be really helpful. I will have no checked bag. Hopefully, I don't need to go to the check-in counter at TBIT.

Lastly, may not be related to this thread. In the worst case if I cannot do OLCI, can I get a boarding pass at transfer counter in TBIT? or I have to get it from the check in counter? Thank you so much.

PTahCha Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 31302758)
Flying DTW-IAH-NRT-BKK today. NRT-BKK UA codeshare. I couldn't get ANY mobile boarding passes, but had precheck. Had to get passes emailed, and UA segments were fine, but last page was no pass for UA7922 or whatever the number is. Polaris lounge couldn't help me either. So en route to Narita and still can't check in, just keep getting bounced trying to check in (Flights eligible for online check-in could not be found") (even though i click online checkin from my reservation). Thought it was odd that it would cause issues with getting mobile passes for the UA segments since i started on UA.

UA can't generate any NH boarding passes last time I flew an codeshare - you'll get a notice to get a boarding pass at the transfer desk in NRT, which takes about 5 minutes and they'll also verify that the checked bags are transferred/loaded.

Originally Posted by swiftaw (Post 31303397)

Did you check in for the ANA flight online or in-person? Was it a UA ticket?

Asking because I have a UA ticket with first flight on NH and really hoping I can check in online.

Nope - you'll need to check in in person. NH will check you in for both flights though and give you BPs for both NH and UA flights.

Originally Posted by CHK897 (Post 31308173)
Hello. I'll be flying UA7945 then NH807 both operated by ANA (LAX-NRT-BKK) I bought it from United.com under 016 stock. Previously, I'll take Delta flight to make a connection in LAX (from Denver) totally 1.50 hrs. It's kind of tight and OLCI would be really helpful. I will have no checked bag. Hopefully, I don't need to go to the check-in counter at TBIT.

Lastly, may not be related to this thread. In the worst case if I cannot do OLCI, can I get a boarding pass at transfer counter in TBIT? or I have to get it from the check in counter? Thank you so much.

Have you tried checking in on ANA using the ANA PNR? That might be one way to go. Can't check in with UA since none of the flights are operated by UA.

Alternatively, Delta has a shuttle running between T2-3 and TBIT. You might want to have a printed copy of the itinerary to show that you have an onward flight in TBIT. Otherwise, you would need to exit the terminal, either walk or take the shuttle bus to TBIT. There are no connections behind security (yet) between T2-3 and TBIT.

By chance if you were able to take the shuttle, you can check-in at the gate.

CHK897 Jul 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. It's the trip in Nov. I'm hopeful that I would be able to check in online. ANA states should not be a problem to OLCI even on UA 4 digit flight. She states I have to pick up the boarding pass again. I have no experience about check in at the gate, but happy to hear that it's doable.

drewguy Jul 16, 2019 1:42 pm

I have been able to check in under both scenarios (UA to NH or NH to UA) online using the NH confirmation number on the ANA website and through the app. You will need passport info and I think your name format is important IIRC (i.e. the typical Firstnamemiddlename Lastname that UA PNRs go with.

chk897 - you probably can check your ability to check in now by managing your (ANA portion of your) reservation on the ANA site - you can select a seat typically, as well as other services, such as special meals.

CHK897 Jul 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Yes, I am able to manage the booking, choose the seat and meal under ANA PNR. It's a high possibility that I can potentially check-in online. Do you know if they also send the boarding pass directly to your phone/email? or it needs to be picked up. Any direct experiences pick up the boarding pass at the gate [not the counter] or even check-in at the gate? Your comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Just bought the ticket with due 24 hrs in a couple of hours. Feel more comfortable with the connection. Prefer not to stay overnight at LAX to catch ANA in AM. Lastly, United departing from Denver is $270 more expensive than LAX flight, so I chose to for LAX with a connection.

gengar Jul 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by CHK897 (Post 31308173)

If you have access to the *A lounge in TBIT, they can check you in there (again assuming you can get there via the shuttle).

FTR NH has never once let me complete check-in on-line for their flights.