Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 19, 5:09 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: kkjay77
Wiki Link
List of Tail Numbers with the new configuration

JA793A
JA794A
JA795A
JA796A
JA797A
JA798A
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 20, 8:36 am

But the London leg should have the new product.
Old Feb 12, 20, 8:37 am

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy View Post
and how about HND-LHR? i have any hope?
I know this thread is filled with people making rank speculation about whether their particular flight will have the new product on a certain date, but it's pretty clear which routes currently have the product and the dates of new rollouts has not been released.
Old Feb 12, 20, 8:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3, EK, CX Gold
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
But the London leg should have the new product.
You are right. Just checked this. thanks.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy View Post
What does this mean? LAX/HND will not using renewed B77W with new First suite?
I have a coming flight, hugely expecting to fly their new Suite product....
booking info
Is there a reason you are "hugely expecting" something that was never announced, hinted at, confirmed, or even discussed in any way by ANA? It's not as if LAX had the product and then you got equipment swapped.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:37 pm

English is not everyone's first language.
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
I had my first flight in The Room, I am not super impressed. It is a good seat, better than the staggered, but not as good as Q Suites for sure.

When you recline the seat, it is also moved down, meaning the table is really too high up to recline the seat while dining. Someone did realise this and made a dining position that lifts the seat and tilt it forward from the standard position. It works for the table location, ut is not very comfortable.

The seats is not great for lounging, but some strategically placed cushions helps a lot.

The sleeping surface is not long (178cm here) I either had to sleep at an angle, or on the side and curl up my legs. Sleeping at an angle you will be on top of the seat belt location, but it is done in a way that you don't notice..

​​​​​​
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:12 pm

I am looking for an alternative to UA for TPAC now that I am not 1K anymore (i.e. no upgrades to J).

I was on 2 NH 787-9 flights (4 hours, 9 hours) and found the seat in Y comfortable (better than BR and much better than SQ). The live satellite TV was also great. So, I was thinking maybe I should try NH.

Looking at Seatguru, however, it seems to say the newest generation of the 77W has 10-across seating in Y and the pitch has gone from 34 to 31. I suppose it is this configuration and it will get as bad as other airlines?

Thanks.

Last edited by username; Feb 12, 20 at 6:19 pm
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username View Post
I am looking for an alternative to UA for TPAC now that I am not 1K anymore (i.e. no upgrades to J).

I was on 2 NH 787-9 flights (4 hours, 9 hours) and found the seat in Y comfortable (better than BR and much better than SQ). The live satellite TV was also great. So, I was thinking maybe I should try NH.

Looking at Seatguru, however, it seems to say the newest generation of the 77W has 10-across seating in Y and the pitch has gone from 34 to 31. I suppose it is this configuration and it will get as bad as other airlines?

Thanks.
The 77W have 10 across in all newer configurations, some are remaining with 9 across. All 787-9 are 9 across which is about same same as 77W with 10. So if you found teh 7879 Y seat good, you should have no problem with the 77Ws.

I don't know about the pitch change, I think that is just seatguru being inaccurate as usual. The new 77W have the same number of rows between door 4 and 5 as the old, so I would not expect a dramatic cut of pitch.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:05 pm

I badly want to fly the new config and will be booking a USA-TY round trip for December. I completely understand that this is a request for completely random speculation but if you were me, what do you think is more likely to get the new seat, IAH/IAD/ORD? Unfortunately, JFK has no award space for my travel dates.
Old Feb 14, 20, 6:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy gold. hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX, Citi
Originally Posted by omghaxcode View Post
I badly want to fly the new config and will be booking a USA-TY round trip for December. I completely understand that this is a request for completely random speculation but if you were me, what do you think is more likely to get the new seat, IAH/IAD/ORD? Unfortunately, JFK has no award space for my travel dates.
set an expert flyer alert for JFK. Something will become available if your have flexibility.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Feb 16, 20, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hmmm, I'm a bit confused... I booked a NH110 (HND->JFK) for April 13th, but it still shows the old business seat configuration? Is there only some days that the new "room" is guaranteed?
Old Feb 16, 20, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A Little Cow View Post
Hmmm, I'm a bit confused... I booked a NH110 (HND->JFK) for April 13th, but it still shows the old business seat configuration? Is there only some days that the new "room" is guaranteed?
It should be all days by now, but there can of course be exceptions for operational reasons.

Where is it showing the old seat? Ana's website?
Old Feb 16, 20, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Where is it showing the old seat? Ana's website?
Yeah, on ANA's website

I guess I'll hope they switch it back to the new seats between now and then.
Old Feb 16, 20, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by A Little Cow View Post
I don't think the seating schedule has been fully loaded in yet.

April 13th is showing the old layout for both NH204 and NH224 (Frankfurt - Hanada) but as far as I know, should be operating on at least NH204.
Old Feb 16, 20, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Toonshorty View Post
I don't think the seating schedule has been fully loaded in yet.

April 13th is showing the old layout for both NH204 and NH224 (Frankfurt - Hanada) but as far as I know, should be operating on at least NH204.
204 should have it. But as the rotation of the planes goes through Frankfurt and JFK, it does sort of add up that dates in the same period om JFK and FRA does not have the new config. The inbound plane from FRA HND NH204 normally goes on to HND JFK.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: