Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dkc192
List of Tail Numbers with the new configuration
JA784A
JA785A
JA787A
JA788A
JA793A
JA794A
JA795A
JA796A
JA797A
JA798A

Current routes with new product:

All frequencies:
  • HND-LHR-HND NH211/212
  • HND-JFK-HND NH110/109/160/159

Select/most frequencies--see latest posts for more details as the schedule can vary by month:
  • NRT-SFO-NRT NH8/7
  • HND-ORD-HND NH112/111
  • NRT-ORD-NRT NH12/11
Print Wikipost

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyboygoon
I’ve been in the room for seven flights, and I’ve slept well. The seat is definitely firm, but hasn’t been a problem. I think having space to spread my arms has made the seat significantly more comfortable for me compared to other seats.
Would sleeping on top of the duvet help at all for comfort?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by MattEvan
I didn’t sleep super well in The ROOM on four flights. The padding is fine, but as a relatively tall person I had foot well issues and had to try to position myself diagonally.

Prefer JAL Sky Suite Apex for sleep, The ROOM for everything else.
That's helpful. Based on what I've seen so far JAL is better for sleeping and arguably food but the room is better elsewhere
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Would sleeping on top of the duvet help at all for comfort?
Do they provide extra blanket/duvet? If so that could help with the firmness issue
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:28 am

How tall are ya’ll who have been in the Room and find it comfortable? I am 6’3” and have yet to find a footwell I didn’t hate (size 14 feet might have something to do with it)...

also curious if these are mostly paid flights or awards - if the latter did you just grab me up early on?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pesos
How tall are ya’ll who have been in the Room and find it comfortable? I am 6’3” and have yet to find a footwell I didn’t hate (size 14 feet might have something to do with it)...

also curious if these are mostly paid flights or awards - if the latter did you just grab me up early on?
As tall as you are I’d be surprised if any business class seat is comfortable...

For me it’s been mostly paid flights, but I did also manage awards for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyboygoon
As tall as you are I’d be surprised if any business class seat is comfortable...

For me it’s been mostly paid flights, but I did also manage awards for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
True enough but there are certainly some that are better than others! Going to try Delta a350 suites a little later this year, hoping 2d has a bit better footwell than the rest (from what I have gleaned from the few posts concerning this, it should). Will enjoy finally getting to try an a350 at any rate. Rest of the trips this year are ANA and JAL in F luckily. With the reverse facing config in the Room I was hopeful the footwell wouldn't be as poorly designed but I guess as usual it's a bit of an afterthought.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
For those who are more familiar with the traffic going through Japan, if you had to bet on SFO-NRT or the newly announced SFO-HND receiving the new seats first which would it be? Are they more likely to put it on NRT which right now has more in the way of connections to other parts of Asia and thus might have more business traveller traffic? This is well outside my area of expertise.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
For those who are more familiar with the traffic going through Japan, if you had to bet on SFO-NRT or the newly announced SFO-HND receiving the new seats first which would it be? Are they more likely to put it on NRT which right now has more in the way of connections to other parts of Asia and thus might have more business traveller traffic? This is well outside my area of expertise.
Haneda is considered the more premium of the two airports. I would doubt we see more routes this side of the Olympics.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Haneda is considered the more premium of the two airports. I would doubt we see more routes this side of the Olympics.
I'm planning for Apr 2021. I already booked with JAL for May and Nov of this year because there's no details about getting the new product in the Bay Area and ANA missed their timeline for details on the HND route.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:22 pm

So the word is the HDMI ports won't be fixed for a long time and it's a major issue. First world problems but I downloaded 20 hours of content which I'll be staring at on a tablet instead of a 42" 4K monitor.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
So the word is the HDMI ports won't be fixed for a long time and it's a major issue. First world problems but I downloaded 20 hours of content which I'll be staring at on a tablet instead of a 42" 4K monitor.
The word is that the HDMI ports are not yet certified by FAA/JAA. So it is not really a fix per se, but awaiting a process.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:10 pm

The word is that the HDMI ports are not yet certified by FAA/JAA. So it is not really a fix per se, but awaiting a process.
Incorrect. It's a repair.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incorrect. It's a repair.
Interesting, so all seats were delivered new with the same error?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:28 pm

Interesting, so all seats were delivered new with the same error?
according to ANA, yes.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

according to ANA, yes.
Where did they say that? I have seen them state that the HDMI port is not available, but I have not seen them make any statements as to cause, but I'd be very curious to see anything but word of the street. Which admittedly everything has been so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.