Married Segments on ET

Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Married Segments on ET

I've been booking award flights for many years, but with every booking I learn something new.

Looking for JFK-ADD flight on ET, no availability. However, the flight makes a stop in ABJ, and it's available JFK-ABJ, ABJ-ADD.
I called NH to inquire about the rest of the itinerary (ADD-KIG, KIG-ADD-NYC), and was told that I was breaking up married segments, and may be denied boarding at the airport if I book it like that.
That obviously puts a massive dent in my plans.
Is she right?
The only info I've found online is about breaking married segments... and I'm not trying to do that..
If this is ticketed, is there a possibility I may be denied boarding?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stevento
I've been booking award flights for many years, but with every booking I learn something new.

Looking for JFK-ADD flight on ET, no availability. However, the flight makes a stop in ABJ, and it's available JFK-ABJ, ABJ-ADD.
I called NH to inquire about the rest of the itinerary (ADD-KIG, KIG-ADD-NYC), and was told that I was breaking up married segments, and may be denied boarding at the airport if I book it like that.
That obviously puts a massive dent in my plans.
Is she right?
The only info I've found online is about breaking married segments... and I'm not trying to do that..
If this is ticketed, is there a possibility I may be denied boarding?
You would only potentially be denied boarding if ET doesn't have the rights to fly passengers from JFK to ABJ or if ABJ requires a visa of some kind that you wouldn't have (as in theory you might have to de-plane, clear transit security and reboard)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:29 am
Original Poster

ET does market JFK-ABJ as a stand alone flight.

It would be the
21:00 New York(JFK) 12:05 +1day Abidjan
13:05 Abidjan 22:20 Addis Ababa

on the same ET513 flight... not sure passengers flying to ADD deplane during the stop, probably not?
I spoke to the second NH agent who said no problem. Now on hold for the supervisor to deliver the final ruling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.