Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

NH will start charging for advance seat assignments, according to Japanese news

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NH will start charging for advance seat assignments, according to Japanese news

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mjm
BA seat selection at booking is free in F for everyone.
Which is a very small subsection of the seats that are indeed available for all status levels to pick at the time of booking. It does not change the fact that only OWE has completely free access to any and all seats at time of booking.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:06 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Which is a very small subsection of the seats that are indeed available for all status levels to pick at the time of booking. It does not change the fact that only OWE has completely free access to any and all seats at time of booking.
Small subsection or not, it adds accuracy to the post made.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:22 pm

looking for people with more experiences on this (chargable seats are blocked until checkin)...

from the past, i think ANA blocks online "Manage Reservation" at T-48 or T-72 (so you can't go in and change seats/meal)

then at T-24, online checkin opens - if you can check-in online (which sometimes fails for me), you can pick seats. otherwise, you have to go to airport and pick seats.

sounds correct?

If I don't pick seats, they'll auto-assign one for me?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Looking for help on seat selection on NRT-SIN, but booked via AC (as part of SFO-YVR-NRT-SIN).

This is a lower fare class (I think the NH segment is in L). I have a seat selected very close to the back of this 789 (row 38, I think). I understand most of the Y section charges for aisle/window based on fare in advance, and also a note when I look at my itinerary on the NH site that I can not purchase those, because I am ticketed via AC and they can not charge me the fee if the ticket is OAL, is that correct?

My question is: When check in opens, can I select these seats (without charge?) since its no longer in advance (if available still, of course)? And furthermore, if so, does anyone know if I would be able to select these seats using ACs checkin tool, when I check in for my flight from SFO? If the answer to that is no, I presume I'd have to wait until I land at NRT, and see if the transfer desk can help me?

Appreciate any knowledge on this anyone can provide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.