Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Suite Lounge access (NRT/HND) - No F ticket, no DIA status

Old May 28, 19, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR

All,

Clearly you can access the Suite Lounge at NRT and HND if you are on a *A true F ticket or have NH Diamond status.

But I thought I recall on the laminated card at the entrance on the counter (which shows the cost of bringing in extra guests, etc) that one could gain access to the Suite Lounge on any *A ticket, irrespective of class, if one had an ANA SuperFlyers card _and_ used a certain amount of miles. Yet, today, when I called ANA for other reasons, they said they don't know that that is the case.

Does anyone else know? My (mis)conception of this was the entire reason I applied for the SuperFlyers card. I yield to those of you with more ANA knowledge to help a brother out here! Thanks in advance.
Old May 29, 19, 12:30 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
The laminated card equivalent on the web.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/share/re...ch_lounge.html

A SFC card holder can invite a guest to DOMESTIC lounges (NOT Suite lounges) at cost of 2000 miles.
Old May 29, 19, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR
Thank you, Wasabi Tofu. Thatís very helpful.

Do you, or anyone else know, if the chart should be interpreted to mean that SFC holders can use United Airlines domestic lounges when traveling in any class of service on United Airlines domestic flights within the US? That is the case for NH Diamond card holders but I cannot accurately discern if the same is true for SFC holders.
Old May 30, 19, 8:02 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by ainternational View Post
Do you, or anyone else know, if the chart should be interpreted to mean that SFC holders can use United Airlines domestic lounges when traveling in any class of service on United Airlines domestic flights within the US? That is the case for NH Diamond card holders but I cannot accurately discern if the same is true for SFC holders.
AFAIK, SFC gives you NH*G status so you get full *G lounge access to the United Club including the +1 guest when flying any Star Alliance flight including UA domestic.
Old May 30, 19, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mr8 View Post
AFAIK, SFC gives you NH*G status so you get full *G lounge access to the United Club including the +1 guest when flying any Star Alliance flight including UA domestic.
Well, *Gold alone doesnít give you access to UA domestic lounges for UA domestic flights, thatís only with international flights in which case you get lounge access if in Y.

My question remains though, does SFC work like NH DIA and allow UA domestic lounge access on UA domestic flights in any UA class of service?

Re the NH Suite Lounges, sounds like MM allows what I thought was allowed with SFC. Anyone know, is it lifetime Suite Lounge access when you have a MM card? Do those expire or require active AMC status at some level as well?
Old May 30, 19, 2:41 pm
mr8

Originally Posted by ainternational View Post
Well, *Gold alone doesnít give you access to UA domestic lounges for UA domestic flights, thatís only with international flights in which case you get lounge access if in Y.
It does. UA only restricts UA*Gs with the INTL req.

All other *Gs including NH*Gs should have access with any Star Alliance boarding pass departing from that particular airport.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html

Last edited by mr8; May 30, 19 at 3:02 pm
Old May 30, 19, 6:57 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold

It does. UA only restricts UA*Gs with the INTL req.

All other *Gs including NH*Gs should have access with any Star Alliance boarding pass departing from that particular airport.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html
Indeed, UA is just trying to protect their United Club membership revenues, so UA *G do not get lounge on domestic itineraries, nor does domestic first class. But all other *G members get full lounge access. The main SFC counts as a standard *G, whereas the family cards do not. The family cards or only good for NH lounge access.
Old May 31, 19, 2:33 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The main SFC counts as a standard *G, whereas the family cards do not. The family cards or only good for NH lounge access.
The SFC family card also have Star Alliance Gold logos.

For oversea *G lounge, you may need to show SFC lounge card. Because agents at oversea lounge entrance may not regonize SFC credit card.
ANA is aware of this. So, you can request SFC lounge card.
See

https://www.ana.co.jp/ja/jp/amc/refe...als/#section07
mr8 likes this.
Old May 31, 19, 9:18 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
The SFC family card also have Star Alliance Gold logos.

For oversea *G lounge, you may need to show SFC lounge card. Because agents at oversea lounge entrance may not regonize SFC credit card.
ANA is aware of this. So, you can request SFC lounge card.
See

https://www.ana.co.jp/ja/jp/amc/refe...als/#section07
I could swear I read that the family cards were not full-fledged *G. But I might have that mixed up somehow.

I wonder why the lounge card would be needed. For many years under Scandinavian Airlines Eurobonus I travelled with a credit card with a *G logo on, it never caused me any issues in any lounges across the world. Unless of course the AMC number is not on the card, so that the lounge attendants can't log the number in the system.
Old Jun 1, 19, 11:47 am
mr8

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I wonder why the lounge card would be needed. For many years under Scandinavian Airlines Eurobonus I travelled with a credit card with a *G logo on, it never caused me any issues in any lounges across the world. Unless of course the AMC number is not on the card, so that the lounge attendants can't log the number in the system.
I think it depends on the boarding pass layout. I find that partner lunges will sometimes request the card if/when you have a BP that looks different from the way that particular lounge operator prints their own boarding passes.
Old Jun 1, 19, 5:51 pm

2019 Secret Santa

I think it depends on the boarding pass layout. I find that partner lunges will sometimes request the card if/when you have a BP that looks different from the way that particular lounge operator prints their own boarding passes.
It is quite common to be asked to show that *G card. I am not taking about that, I am questioning why it is necessary to have something beyond the credit card. Using a credit card as *G card is pretty common, and I have never heard of problems with it.
Old Jun 15, 19, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone for your informational replies. Iíd forgotten that only UA applies that rule to their own *G members for their own lounges. Great info and much appreciated.

Search this Thread