NH Current Policy Forbids AC on Award Ticket?

Old May 27, 19, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation NH Current Policy Forbids AC on Award Ticket?

Hi all.
I was helping a friend find an NH award space for his summer travel in mid July. We tried to redeem itineraries that have CTU-NRT-YVR-SFO in NH/AC/AC(Y) and CTU-PVG/PEK-YVR-SFO in CA/AC/AC(Y) but both unsuccessful. The website could generate these itineraries and calculate charges but would then go to an error page after he confirmed his personal info.
He then rang ANA multiple times in the past 20 hours to get this ticket, but both Japan-based and US-based agents said they could not see CTU-SFO availability. One agent offered to construct an itinerary with OZ that has ridiculous surcharges but we were not happy with that (obviously). I found our itinerary on LifeMiles and ANA's Japan website in Japanese so it probably is not a phantom. Finally I said to my friend you should try to feed all the itinerary details to the agent. He phoned and did so, then the agent said their current policy forbids tickets with AC and he should go to buy this ticket with AC (I find the second half of this sentence very annoying and unprofessional).
This is certainly an odd change, considering I've flown an NH award ticket with an all-AC itinerary last year and I will fly another NH award with AC2 in J later which I redeemed this Jan.
Don't know what happened between NH and AC. Just thought this incident is worth sharing.

Last edited by Agosti; May 27, 19 at 4:02 pm Reason: typo

Search this Thread