Carry on question

Old May 26, 19, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, MR Gold, HH Gold, GE
Carry on question

Hello,

Itís been a few years since Iíve flown on ANA. Iím scheduled to fly on ANA and have a strong preference not to check bags. In addition to my wheeled carry on suitcase, I typically also bring a personal item bag that complies with Unitedís requirements of 9 in x 10 in x 17 in (22 cm x 25 cm x 43 cm). Will ANA allow me to bring this personal item in addition to my carry on suitcase? If it makes a difference, I will be flying RT between the USA and Japan in 1st class.

Thanks for for your guidance.
Old May 26, 19, 9:20 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Generally, ANA is not very strict on enforcing the carry on policies, and probably less likely to do so in F. Though you don't mention the dimensions of your main carry on, it should probably be just fine.

Though if you are flying to Japan on ANA luggage delivery is very efficient, and F luggage is always delivered first, so no need to be that worried about checking in luggage.
Old May 27, 19, 3:57 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
First class? They wonít bother you with the number of pieces as long as they are each within carry on size.
Old Jun 1, 19, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
First class? They wonít bother you with the number of pieces as long as they are each within carry on size.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried bring 2 carry-on suitcases and a personal item (bag/backpack)

I usually bring 1 carry-on + 1 backpack. I really want to start bringing an extra bag so I can start bringing more stuff back from Japan.
Old Jun 3, 19, 8:17 pm
gpy

Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has tried bring 2 carry-on suitcases and a personal item (bag/backpack)

I usually bring 1 carry-on + 1 backpack. I really want to start bringing an extra bag so I can start bringing more stuff back from Japan.
Yes you can bring 2 carry-ons and a personal item.

Search this Thread