ANA NRT-SIN Ft 803/801

Old May 25, 19, 4:43 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: KHH, FUK, SNA
Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Posts: 1,162
ANA NRT-SIN Ft 803/801

Seems two flights to Singapore an hour apart? Any difference in service/seats? One is 787-9, other 787-10. Will fly in Y class.
Taipei is offline  
Old May 25, 19, 7:20 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SIN/BOS
Programs: OZ Diamond Plus
Posts: 946
Originally Posted by Taipei View Post
Seems two flights to Singapore an hour apart? Any difference in service/seats? One is 787-9, other 787-10. Will fly in Y class.
No difference whatsoever (just that NH803 has a higher chance (albeit still very low — was worse when it was operated by the 788) of getting a bus gate at NRT)
truncated is offline  
Old May 26, 19, 5:23 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,476
technically NH803 is operated by Air Japan, NH801 is operated directly by ANA

they may have a minute different if accrualing to a different FF program


plane/service/food is the same as mainline ANA. difference is typically staffing, though they should get the same training (~foreign-based for different tax structure)


787-10 is brand new.... if that's your thing, go for it
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201904/20190405.html

"The 787-10 is a cutting-edge plane and ANA is honored to be the first Japanese airline to fly the aircraft,"

The Boeing 787-10 is scheduled to begin flying on April 26, 2019, from Tokyo-Narita to Changi-Singapore before it begins service from Narita Airport to Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on July 1, 2019.
paperwastage is online now  
Old May 26, 19, 9:52 pm
  #4  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 9,567
The Air Japan operated flights does not make a difference from an accrual perspective. It is similar to the various companies operating regional flights for United under the United Express umbrella.

The flights are not codeshare flights, just a way for ANA to reduce operating costs by using a subsidiary to operate certain flights.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old May 27, 19, 3:55 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 2,544
Not much difference especially in economy class, other than the later flight is provided mainly for tpac connecting passengers while the earlier flight usually has more Japan originates passengers.
so you’ll typically get more foreign (non Japanese) passengers on the later flight.
Tokyoite is offline  
Old May 27, 19, 12:48 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: KHH, FUK, SNA
Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Posts: 1,162
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
technically NH803 is operated by Air Japan, NH801 is operated directly by ANA

they may have a minute different if accrualing to a different FF program


plane/service/food is the same as mainline ANA. difference is typically staffing, though they should get the same training (~foreign-based for different tax structure)


787-10 is brand new.... if that's your thing, go for it
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201904/20190405.html
Thanks, I may try to 787-10 since it's only one hour later.
Taipei is offline  
Old Jun 1, 19, 3:43 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: IAH
Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
Posts: 4,036
Originally Posted by truncated View Post
No difference whatsoever (just that NH803 has a higher chance (albeit still very low — was worse when it was operated by the 788) of getting a bus gate at NRT)
Yeah I always get the bus get on NH803. Ridiculous and annoying.
TennisNoob is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread