Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it too warm on ANA flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Is it too warm on ANA flights?

we are flying San Jose to Tokyo on ANA. I just read on another forum someone saying that ANA sets their plane temperature hotter than average. Is this true for all routes?

Old May 10, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is all relative, but yes ANA keep the temperature higher than say UA, AA or SQ. I don't have a problem with the temperature on NH. Just flew HND VIE and had no problem with feeling too hot Would guess around 22 degrees in the cabin
downinit likes this.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; May 10, 2019 at 5:44 am
Old May 10, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I had a terrible experience on NH J TPE to NRT. The cabin was set to 25 deg C and the FAs refused to lower the temp.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Much like other East Asian carriers, the cabin runs warm. If anything it’s still not warm enough because they provide cardigan rentals in J and F.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:21 am

My recent experience was not as bad as Buster CT1k's and is in line with CPH-Flyer's. I flew ORD-NRT three weeks ago and NRT-IAD last week, both in F. I would guess it was around 21C. I can't sleep if it's any hotter---and I have had problems on JAL in the past for this reason. But it was not too hot on either of these flights.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:02 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I only wear short sleeve shirts when I fly on NH, JL, and LH. It helps with the hot cabins.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:16 pm

Flew a few times and never felt too warm.

Just wear layers if u know u always feel warm on flights.
Strip off your jacket/coat/sweater whatever when in flight
Old May 10, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I have found NH cabins to be very warm. I always carry a USB portable fan when I'm flying NH and I use it most of the time. It's definitely usually higher than 22°C on my flights as I'd be fine with that.

In the F cabin, I find that the FAs will turn down the temperature if the load is low. But if it's even just half-full or so, they won't turn it down.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:35 pm

I'm very very sensitive to warm cabins, but surprisingly, the cabin temperature for my NRT to ORD flight wasn't bad at all. Granted, I brought 2 portable fans (I came prepared for the worst), but I actually didn't need them. At one point, I even though it was pretty cool.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
Best to carry shorts, t-shirts, and breathable sweatpants with you when flying on Japanese carriers to cope with potentially warm temperatures!
trooper likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:00 am

Flew NH8 from NRT to SFO today in J class and boy was it warm! Couldn't wear the PJs they had because I was going to start sweating through them. They did lower the temp a bit once a few passengers spoke up, so by the time I landed, it was better ... but boy was it warm when we started off.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:55 pm

I love their hotbox cabin! I cannot sleep when I'm cold, but no problem in the heat. Just dress light and drink plenty of kabosu.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:27 am

Another vote for warm cabins! I like to sit by the window and on United flights its positively freezing. I had to wrap an extra blanket around my ankles and feet once sitting in economy.
Can't stand their thick pajamas though... the Polaris PJs are just right.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I guess there's a huge variation among people. Last year on a Delta long haul I felt very cold (yes I like window seats) even with their nice Westin bedding. I had a stuffy nose and was wondering if I caught a cold. But once I was on the ground I was back to normal. I guess my body just wasn't used to the cabin environment.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:09 pm

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I guess its the same with temperatures. 4 flights in the past week with NH

GMPHND early morning, temperature on the higher side
HNDFRA daytime, comfortable
FRAHND overnight flight, cold!
FRAGMP early morning, comfortable

Thats for business/first cabin
Lentibear likes this.

Last edited by laoshu; May 23, 2019 at 9:09 pm Reason: spelling mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.