Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it too warm on ANA flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 5:04 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by laoshu
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I guess its the same with temperatures. 4 flights in the past week with NH

GMPHND early morning, temperature on the higher side
HNDFRA daytime, comfortable
FRAHND overnight flight, cold!
FRAGMP early morning, comfortable

Thats for business/first cabin
But NH does not fly FRA-GMP....
Old May 25, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by innajl
we are flying San Jose to Tokyo on ANA. I just read on another forum someone saying that ANA sets their plane temperature hotter than average. Is this true for all routes?

Personally, I stopped flying them during the night as what is the point of paying for business or first if you can't sleep due to the heat?
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Just did an r/t where the first leg was chilly by NH standards and the the second was just fine without a fan, even for me. Lots of inconsistency!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
In my recent experience the temperature was fine with their pajama, but when you add the comforter it became too warm.

Last edited by Lentibear; Jul 24, 2019 at 10:47 pm
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
And note, avg body temp for Japanese is 36 C, about one deg lower than avg western body temp. At least that's what Japanese people say.

I know kids will be sent home from school if they have a temp of 37 C, because school says they have a fever.

This may have something to do with higher cabin temps too.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by groovbusta
And note, avg body temp for Japanese is 36 C, about one deg lower than avg western body temp. At least that's what Japanese people say.

I know kids will be sent home from school if they have a temp of 37 C, because school says they have a fever.

This may have something to do with higher cabin temps too.
Very interesting!

On the subject of cabin temperature:

I took two NH long haul business class flights in June, both on the B789. One was comfortable for me in shorts and a t-shirt. The other flight I was sweating wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I use the blanket as an additional layer of cushioning, in addition to the excellent mattress pad. I never cover up at all on NH. I would estimate that 75% of my NH flights are uncomfortably warm.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Plataimond, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH, OneWorld Boarding Group 5
I’ve asked both NH and JL crews to lower the temperature slightly, and they have done it every time. Well, once I had to ask twice; I think that was JL. Most of these flights were in Y with a couple of C flights. I think it’s just a matter of making it clear that you are only asking for a very small adjustment; you wouldn’t want anyone else (all the Japanese passengers) to get chilly. Also, IIRC big aircraft like the 773 have multiple climate zones that can be adjusted; the temp setting doesn’t have to apply to the entire aircraft.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, Amex
I've only been on ANA for one trip so far, ORD-NRT (edit: and back) in April. Y cabin. Can't say I ever felt like I noticed it being particularly warm. Seemed pretty comfortable to me, tee shirt and shorts. Slept fine.

With that said there are times on (US) domestic carrier flights where I feel like it's a little chilly. Maybe this is just closer to my usual comfort zone, who knows.

Last edited by jerseytom; Jul 24, 2019 at 7:06 pm
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:15 pm

I find the F cabins a bit warm for my liking, but it’s never unbearably hot (also most of it is probably due to the pajamas being long sleeved, as I usually wear a T-shirt and shorts on planes). I notice the warmth the most when I wake up after napping, and mid flight but I usually roll up my pajama pants and use the cooling leg sheets they provide (they are amazing btw.)
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Just got back from NRT a few hours ago on NH6 (NRT-LAX) in F. It was hot in an otherwise empty cabin, to the point that I was sweating for a period and wasn't comfortable enough to sleep. NH5 from LAX-NRT a couple weeks ago was fine, on the cooler side.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:14 am

Flew to Haneda on 787 (economy) afternoon flight from HNL and the temperature was fine. However, the A380 Honu economy back to HNL was quite warm and not very comfortable, especially on a redeye flight.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:48 pm

I get hot easily, so I always bring 2 portable fans when I fly. Surprisingly, I didn't find my ORD->HND, NRT->ORD flights hot at all. One in economy, one in business.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:51 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by seigex
Just got back from NRT a few hours ago on NH6 (NRT-LAX) in F. It was hot in an otherwise empty cabin, to the point that I was sweating for a period and wasn't comfortable enough to sleep. NH5 from LAX-NRT a couple weeks ago was fine, on the cooler side.
By any chance did you ask a F/A to lower the temperature? They have the ability to control the temperature by zones, and F should be its own zone, and if not it would only share the zone with the mini J cabin behind it.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: ANA Diamond
If you're flying in F you can ask them to change the cabin temperature. I've never been refused in F. Out of the times I've flown international J and asked them to change the cabin temperature, they did it ~20% of the time. I don't get why people don't just ask, they're pretty accommodating.

Edit - And by international I am not including intra-Asia
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 1984SW
By any chance did you ask a F/A to lower the temperature? They have the ability to control the temperature by zones, and F should be its own zone, and if not it would only share the zone with the mini J cabin behind it.
Originally Posted by ETHFlyer
If you're flying in F you can ask them to change the cabin temperature. I've never been refused in F. Out of the times I've flown international J and asked them to change the cabin temperature, they did it ~20% of the time. I don't get why people don't just ask, they're pretty accommodating.

Edit - And by international I am not including intra-Asia
I didn't ask, and didn't even think to. I fly AA mostly (130,000 EQM this year) and am used to annoyed and accommodating FAs. Good to know for next flight this Christmas, I seem to get lucky with being the only person in the cabin when I fly 77W F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.